Survival Threads

Haven't checked in for a while (being 'out and about') but thought I might let you know, or make you aware of a new Tactical Medicine / First Aid provider here in Australia.

- https://tacmedaustralia.com.au/

They've been running here in Australia for a few years, but have finally cemented themselves hopefully for the long haul.

Just picked up one of their Tourniquets (fingers crossed I'll never need it - but trying to move on from improvised and modified setups). TACMED are the only current providers that I'm aware of that sell, or stock the level of first aid gear for advanced operators here in Australia

So, check 'em out if you choose - but so far, very impressed with their gear.

:)

TACMED.jpg

That tourniquet has been around at a bunch of retailers in the UK for around £24. Solid piece of kit that looks well designed (haven't ever used it so my judgment is theoretical in nature).

I've found it challenging here in Canada to find quality (and variety) of medical supplies available to general public. There's 1000's of products on Amazon that I'd be interested in but they don't 'ship' to Canada. Suggestions? 

12 hours ago, Rspreps said:

I've found it challenging here in Canada to find quality (and variety) of medical supplies available to general public. There's 1000's of products on Amazon that I'd be interested in but they don't 'ship' to Canada. Suggestions? 

I like using eBay for the stuff that is harder to get- delivery and pricing is accurate & if there is an issue, Paypal will refund you. 

Just recently watched a YouTube video.  The guy in the video is/was an avid hiker.  He highly recommended something called "Leuko Tape".  He said it's better than moleskin for blisters.  I looked on Amazon.  You can find a roll for around $10 or a little more.  I'm gonna look at Walmart to see if they carry it.

Hey Rspreps, have you tried ITSTactical.com 's website?

They've got some pretty good gear, but being here in Australia their website doesn't accept payment from Aust Credit Cards :(

TACMED otherwise, pretty sure they post international.....so perhaps......

On another note, have been reading the latest post on the MTJS website - Asthma.

- Since the fatalaties and hospital callouts since our Asthma fallout last year - we're in prep mode for this upcoming Nov Asthma 'season' again  ( read; http://bit.ly/2xQLNz6

Looks like a sof-t wide tourniquet.

If it's legit, its a great choice, i prefer them over all the others I've tried

I have close to ten of the things attaced to various plate carriers and other med kits

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zackmars said:

Looks like a sof-t wide tourniquet.

If it's legit, its a great choice, i prefer them over all the others I've tried

I have close to ten of the things attaced to various plate carriers and other med kits

Do people counterfeit medical supplies? :o 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Do people counterfeit medical supplies? :o 

All the time. I think CAT tourniquets are the worst.

Most, if not all fakes come from china

20171020_104321.thumb.jpg.1dcea0cd25ddd67cf056f13be714954e.jpg

This is the label on a real one