Survival Threads
zackmars

Colt pocket positive

Notbing to really say here, this is the gun my grandfather keeps in his night stand. He's never shot it, and i offered to take it to the range for him. Happily for me he said ok, which is good, since old colt DA/SA revolvers get my juices flowing

Lockup is good as is timing, unfortunately it's chambered in .32 long colt, but thats probably for the best long term.

Tomorrow I'll get target pictures

DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

20190329_165845.jpg

20190329_165900.jpg

20190329_165924.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick said:

That's nice!  How old would it be?

Just spit balling, anywhere from 1905 to 1937 i think. When i get to spend some more time with it I'll see what colts historical guys can dig up

• Like 1

Just now, dthomasdigital said:

Someone took good care of that gun, it looks brand new.

It's been sitting in a gun sock for a few decades. From what I gather, it was bought at a gun show a long time ago.

You can pretty easily find spots where the nickle is flaking, but its not bad, and the internals are clean.

It's brought out my inner 40's mobster, I've probably said "gat" and "roscoe" at least 30 times 😂

A few of years ago I got to go to the FBI qualifying range and they had two circa 1920 Tommy guns I got to shoot. Talk about feeling like Al Capone. Those things just throw the lead out and hard as hell to hit a target going full auto. So much fun though.

• Upvote 1

There's one on Gunbroker now.  Looks rough.  I tapped out at 35.00.  I hang out there looking for a steal now and again.

(item # 806406384 if you want to look for it)

Edited by Brad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brad said:

There's one on Gunbroker now.  Looks rough.  I tapped out at 35.00.  I hang out there looking for a steal now and again.

(item # 806406384 if you want to look for it)

Not sure I'd want to mess with a colt revolver without laying hands on it first. Of the big 3 (Colt, S&W, Ruger) common revolver brands, Colts will generally be the first to develop timing issues, and very few gunsmiths are capable of working on them. The worst part is a short drop can often knock them out of time.

I've seen some *absurdly* out of time Colts.

• Like 1