Survival Threads
Brad

KELTEC P3AT .380ACP New Pistol

I used to have the .32 ACP version of this and was recently looking for a new pocket pistol, so I picked this up from my LGS.  (AZ folks can PM me if you want his info).  .380 ACP 6+1 capacity and this thing is tiny!  I was in an all wheel gun phase for a while, but wanted a new semi so I got this.  Going to run a few thru it this week and I will post reviews but if the old 32 is a point of reference I think I will be happy with it.  I know .380 is not everyone's choice for a survival caliber, and my main survival caliber is .22LR, but this is compact and affordable and I think I am going to like it.

CALIBER           .380ACP
WEIGHT UNLOADED    7.7oz
MAGAZINE CAPACITY  6
OVERALL LENGTH     5.2”
BARREL LENGTH      2.7”
HEIGHT             3.5”
WIDTH              0.77”
TRIGGER PULL       5lbs

P3AT.jpg

My experience with my p32 and kel tec in general was not great.

I got one as an inheritance from my moms co-worker who lost his bout with cancer. At first i really liked it, it was small, and slim, and i was ok with only having it in .32

I had to hold off a while to shoot it to get some ammo, but once i did, i pulled it out of the safe, and i noticed a big bulge in the frame. I field stripped it, and the gun came apart, i think the hammer spring broke in half, and the frame bulge means the spring that holds the takedown pin in won't stay where in needs to be

Anyways, I open a CS ticket with keltec, and i explain that the gun was an inheritance, and was used. I told them i was willing to pay for shipping and repairs, only for them to close the ticket without explanation. I sent off another email and they asked if i didn't see what the CS rep said (well duh, and even if i did, there isn't anything i could do on a closed ticket) and then they went on about how i need the FFL info and other info i had no way of getting.

Needless to say i still have that thing in parts. If it were a simple broken spring, that'd be an easy fix, but the frame is a bit jacked up as well.

I hope your experience is better than mine, but if i need a serious use gun, kel tec isn't goimg to be my first choice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to put this thru its paces before I rely on it.

Edited by Brad
  • Upvote 1