Survival Threads
Elise

Knife Photography (Share knife pics you've photographed yourself)

A knife I bought about 15 years ago in a small farmers town market on the island of Sulawesi Indonesia.

It is very rough made and costed about 3 dollars so who am I to complain :)

P1040607a.JPG

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Flip said:

A knife I bought about 15 years ago in a small farmers town market on the island of Sulawesi Indonesia.

It is very rough made and costed about 3 dollars so who am I to complain :)

P1040607a.JPG

That's super cool..

• Upvote 1

I was having an evening walk with my four girls (wife, daughters, cairn terrier) at the lakeside.

As there are public fireplaces by the water, I was planning to get some dry wood, collect some timber and generate a small fire, just for fun - the girls also love to take part in it. But it was freezing cold there with strong wind, and the night came pretty fast, so I didn't have time for the project. So we were heading back to the car, when I found a very small puddle, completely frozen, and I thought it would be a nice background for a photo of my minimalist gear.

(photo made by a mobile phone)

IMG_2265.JPG

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Zoltán Doktor said:

I was having an evening walk with my four girls (wife, daughters, cairn terrier) at the lakeside.

As there are public fireplaces by the water, I was planning to get some dry wood, collect some timber and generate a small fire, just for fun - the girls also love to take part in it. But it was freezing cold there with strong wind, and the night came pretty fast, so I didn't have time for the project. So we were heading back to the car, when I found a very small puddle, completely frozen, and I thought it would be a nice background for a photo of my minimalist gear.

IMG_2265.JPG

That's an amazing photo dude..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zoltán Doktor said:

Wow lovely. Great background for sure!

• Upvote 1

I like cooking (eating also :)) and I have quite a decent set of chef knives, mainly forged-steel Wüsthof ones.

However I find myself not really using them recently, because I take my folders and other (not kitchen) knives to do the job there.

Of course, they are not so efficient in processing food, but I'm enjoying testing them in this role also.

So, slice it up nice, baby! :)

DSC_5646.JPG

• Upvote 3

Bushcraft style garden cooking feat. old school Mora, Buck 110 and Firebox.

And yeah, you're right: the stuff in the pan is burning - it's not easy to focus the camera and controll the fire at the same time... :|

DSC_6136.JPG

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2016 at 6:36 AM, bRIBEGuy said:

PB160195-mod.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. Wish I took it myself! :)

On 1/26/2016 at 7:02 AM, Zoltán Doktor said:

DSC_5646.JPG

omg I LOVE this one.

• Upvote 1

On January 26, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Zoltán Doktor said:

I like cooking (eating also :)) and I have quite a decent set of chef knives, mainly forged-steel Wüsthof ones.

However I find myself not really using them recently, because I take my folders and other (not kitchen) knives to do the job there.

Of course, they are not so efficient in processing food, but I'm enjoying testing them in this role also.

So, slice it up nice, baby! :)

DSC_5646.JPG

I also find myself using folders for cooking lately. I like the RAT 1 in that capacity; very kitchen-knifey. The Endura also, for sure.

Great photo.

• Upvote 2

On ‎2016‎.‎02‎.‎03‎. at 0:56 PM, ianeith said:

I also find myself using folders for cooking lately. I like the RAT 1 in that capacity; very kitchen-knifey. The Endura also, for sure.

Great photo.

Edura is the absolute vinner for me in this matter, but Resilience from Spy also very handy.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2016 at 3:58 AM, ianeith said:

Having an office job means I can usually make only boring comparo-photos like these. 

Love the colouring on this shot! Nice! :)

On 2/3/2016 at 2:37 AM, Zoltán Doktor said:

summer remembrance

I'm such a sucker for picture of knives with food

On 2/4/2016 at 6:53 AM, Zoltán Doktor said:

I made this shot last Black-friday.

Somehow I found it interesting to put together a handful of my black folders.

There are some custom slip joints and folders together with a few production made ones.

Definitely quite the handful you have there, lol! Love the concept.

7 hours ago, Flip said:

My collection. Not as impressive as many others but it's enough for me for now ...

Still an awesome collection. Very nice!