Survival Threads
dthomasdigital

Gosh Thanks EPA!

Oh god... =/

This kinda stuff keeps happening over and over and yet all anyone ever does is throw money at the problem (if that!) like money will fix things and return them to where they were.

The single most lead polluted area in the US is the Spokane, WA. / Coeur d'Alene, ID. water shed. It also contains Mercury, and Chromium, 

This come from over 100 years of hard rock mining for Gold and Silver.

How bad you ask?

Take lake Coeur d'Alene. If you removed 1 lb. of lead per second (not silt but pure lead), you would have the lake bottom cleaned in about the year 7,215 !  This is not an inflated number. I have done the math many times for my students.

In fact you could never clean it because the lead from mine tailings is still filtering down.

PJL _________________________________________________________________

Why is the news always so full  ~~ Of people doing things they shouldn't do?

Edited by PJL

The News is so Full of It  because We are..

Hopin, PJL that the tech to clean that up will occur within 5000 years..

It is a beautiful place...enjoyed my visits there..

The locals say that if you catch a 2 lb. trout out of Lake Coeur d'Alene or the Spokane River it's NOT a 2 lb. fish. It's a 1 lb. fish. The other lb. is lead.

Not sure if this will work.

Harvey Stanley is a past student of mine in one of my lead safety classes. He grew up in the Spokane area.  He is quite a song writer. He did a tune about the lead problem there. I'll try to attach it here.

PJL ______________________________________________________

Valley OF The Lead.mp3

Here is the sad reality of it as of today arsenic, lead, heavy iron contamination, makes me want to cry as these are the woods I play in. 

6AjoZvQ.png

That is absolutely horrendous. Is anything being done about this? Litigation? Clean up operations? I am thoroughly disgusted.

• Upvote 1

I lived here, I play in these waters, I hike these trails, I fish this river and my heart is heavy. The water from this river is used in the power plant that the company I work for powers this state with, in other words this river is my life blood it means the world to me it provides my family with the income we need to survive. I'm more than pissed rest assured if this was some private company or private citizen the EPA would be cramming fines right up the ass's of the people they are suppose to be protecting . It's time to abolish the EPA and every illegal regulation they ever thought of. How can we be expected to live by their regulations if they can't even acknowledge what they've done. Do I want clean water ways, you bet I do, but the EPA is not the body of government to watch over that at least not the EPA we have today, it's a bureaucratic quagmire full of out dated ideas and crack pots. I hope New Mexico sues the hell out of them, step up Governor Susana Martinez and do the right thing here.

More information here http://www.koat.com/news/nm-gov-to-declare-state-of-emergency-over-animas-river-spill/34639546 

• Upvote 1

I lived here, I play in these waters, I hike these trails, I fish this river and my heart is heavy. The water from this river is used in the power plant that the company I work for powers this state with, in other words this river is my life blood it means the world to me it provides my family with the income we need to survive. I'm more than pissed rest assured if this was some private company or private citizen the EPA would be cramming fines right up the ass's of the people they are suppose to be protecting . It's time to abolish the EPA and every illegal regulation they ever thought of. How can we be expected to live by their regulations if they can't even acknowledge what they've done. Do I want clean water ways, you bet I do, but the EPA is not the body of government to watch over that at least not the EPA we have today, it's a bureaucratic quagmire full of out dated ideas and crack pots. I hope New Mexico sues the hell out of them, step up Governor Susana Martinez and do the right thing here.

More information here http://www.koat.com/news/nm-gov-to-declare-state-of-emergency-over-animas-river-spill/34639546 

Really interesting stuff- I too hope for a beneficial resolution. I never trusted government agencies for regulation due to populist knee-jerk reactions when drafting legislation. Just look at the mess that our tax code is. Absolute joke. 

• Upvote 1

I know I just read the editorial letter hly crap just holy crap! Looks like the EPA Chemical Spill turns out to be EPA corruption on a criminal level. They wanted to do it to secure control of the area and it was predicted a week before it happened, this is no conspiracy theory it happened! Someone needs to burn in hell for this one. The Silverton Standard confirmed today this letter was indeed published a week before the EPA spill.

editorial-colorado-epa-575x1989.jpg

Edited by dthomasdigital

good god is this sad.  hopefully they do something to legitimately clean it up and restore it and not just pay a fine or some such garbage.  unfortunately, i have very little faith that the government will do much worthwhile.  especially since it was a freakin government agency that caused it to begin with...

side thought from seeing this:  i am amazed that somebody can look at that and then still look at someone like me like im batty for keeping extra water and other emergency replies readily available.  just imagine if you depended on that water and then all of a sudden that happens and you are SoL. 

• Upvote 1

good god is this sad.  hopefully they do something to legitimately clean it up and restore it and not just pay a fine or some such garbage.  unfortunately, i have very little faith that the government will do much worthwhile.  especially since it was a freakin government agency that caused it to begin with...

side thought from seeing this:  i am amazed that somebody can look at that and then still look at someone like me like im batty for keeping extra water and other emergency replies readily available.  just imagine if you depended on that water and then all of a sudden that happens and you are SoL. 

I am not convinced that they can feasibly clean up this mess with current budgetary limits- I am pretty sure the EPA (being a souless bureaucratic entity) understands that whatever fine they can be charged with, will be cheaper than actually cleaning it up (properly).

Devastating to the environment & future generations of life that depends on it. I don't think we even fully grasp the full scale of the damage that has occurred yet. 

• Upvote 2

I am not convinced that they can feasibly clean up this mess with current budgetary limits- I am pretty sure the EPA (being a souless bureaucratic entity) understands that whatever fine they can be charged with, will be cheaper than actually cleaning it up (properly).

Devastating to the environment & future generations of life that depends on it. I don't think we even fully grasp the full scale of the damage that has occurred yet. 

very sad