Survival Threads
dthomasdigital

Near Free Medical Technology

This is really amazing and it has the medic in me thinking of how awesome this would be if it turn out to be true. I have a $180.00 dollar stethoscope and by everything I've seen these guys could get the cost down to $5.00 dollars and it works even better than top of the line scopes. See the Article here they are working on other devices as well and have a Git Hub site with the files for 3D printers. I'm pretty impressed.

• Upvote 2

This is really amazing and it has the medic in me thinking of how awesome this would be if it turn out to be true. I have a $180.00 dollar stethoscope and by everything I've seen these guys could get the cost down to $5.00 dollars and it works even better than top of the line scopes. See the Article here they are working on other devices as well and have a Git Hub site with the files for 3D printers. I'm pretty impressed.

So cool! Thanks for sharing this.

• Upvote 1

I have a $180.00 dollar stethoscope and by everything I've seen these guys could get the cost down to $5.00 dollars and it works even better than top of the line scopes.

Oh...............(If ladies are involved) skip the scope altogether and just gently lay your head on........er.........a........well........  never mind.    The devil made me say that.  

THANKS for the site ! 

Actually, ladies are so very hard to do medical assessments on, this is not a complaint, just lots of extra work, again not a complaint. When I was going through triage training it took a good 5 to 7 seconds longer and when you're being timed to spend only 15 seconds per person, it was tough.  

• Upvote 1