Survival Threads
dthomasdigital

First ever withdrawal from doomsday arctic seed vault.

So much for us being crazy prepper's. Syria's civil war has prompted the first withdrawal of seeds from a "doomsday" vault built in an Arctic mountainside to safeguard global food supplies. While this may not be end all be all of reasons to use the seeds it makes me damn happy someone had the foresight to make this facility real. Read more here.

• Upvote 1

Aye, definitely nice to see preps being used for the right reasons. I wonder if these recent troubles in Europe & the Middle-East are going to encourage people to start prepping?

It's a big change from some previous disasters. For instance, the world depends on one strain of rubber plant that was distributed widely early on. A scientist later went to the Amazon and collected a large variety of different types, many with better productive potential and with enough diversity to be a source for disease resistant variants. After he died the lot was destroyed because it was taking up space.

• Upvote 1

It's a big change from some previous disasters. For instance, the world depends on one strain of rubber plant that was distributed widely early on. A scientist later went to the Amazon and collected a large variety of different types, many with better productive potential and with enough diversity to be a source for disease resistant variants. After he died the lot was destroyed because it was taking up space.

Definitely a good change. I dread to think the state the world would be in without forward thinkers who planned for the worst.