Survival Threads
Thomas

What are you carrying today? [EDC/Everyday Carry thread]

all of my EDC stuff for the day

Spyderco para 2  - i rarely carry this knife.  i dont know why, its just not very smooth compared to some other stuff.  i have always preferred my sage 1.  trying to give it a chance though

benchmade 940-1 - favorite EDC blade.  i almost always have this with me.  even if im trying out something different.  PERFECT EDC knife

streamlight microstream

sharpie and pen

fossil chronograph watch

homemade paracord bracelet

keys with homemade paracord lanyard pull, nite ize doohikey (sp?), and victorinox classic. 

i usually have a streamlight nano on my keys as well, but it recently broke.  currently exploring other options if anyone has any suggestions. 

image1.JPG

• Upvote 2

• SOG Fielder knife (front pants pocket)
  • A tube of chap stick (front pants pocket)
  • SOG Signal fire (on my key ring)
  • p-38 Can Opener (on my key ring)
  • Bushnell Rubicon T200L flashlight (front shirt pocket)
  • Nice little multi-tool (front pants pocket)
  • Iphone (belt clip)
  • Baofeng UV-5R radio (belt clip)

I forgot in my list a paracord bracelet, and a analog watch a nice kinetic one.

• Upvote 1

Knife-wise I am back to carrying my SOG Flash II today, and probably for the next while too. I finally did manage to cut the side of my (both) thumb on the sharp angled hole on the Spyderco Tenacious. 

• Upvote 1

I finally did manage to cut the side of my (both) thumb on the sharp angled hole on the Spyderco Tenacious. 

Oof :S.

That settles it, I am headed to KFC for the 2 pieces of chicken, fries and roll for 5 clams.

Not touching a knife for the rest of today..

Dan7

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I picked up a Condor BTU wallet so I have something to carry my Glucose tester and Insulin pens all in one case. I love it I can carry some 1st aid supplies a pen light, a knife, and some odds and ends in one simple case. A great little bag. So EDC also means all this fun stuff too.

Edited by dthomasdigital
  • Upvote 1

Swiss army knife, sportsman, to be exact.

don't need much when you are chilling at the house :)

I often do this too except I add a small composition notebook & a fountain pen for my compulsive notetaking!

• Iphone (belt clip)

Thats a pretty loaded load out! ;) Have you ever used the P-38? I got one and I can't say I look forward to giving it a shot- does not seem comfortable!

I'm at work carrying a Spyderco Techno and a Dfly H1...

DomC

Interesting, why did you chose 2 knives with relatively small blades?

• Upvote 1

I often do this too except I add a small composition notebook & a fountain pen for my compulsive notetaking!

Thats a pretty loaded load out! ;) Have you ever used the P-38? I got one and I can't say I look forward to giving it a shot- does not seem comfortable!

Interesting, why did you chose 2 knives with relatively small blades?

I pulled my Dfly out at work to cut open a box & my co-worker freaked & replied "man that's a sword !". I laughed and whipped out my Spyderco Pacific Salt and he freaked even worse. I leave the PSalt at home now.

I'm a stickler for small knives, though when I traipse in the Bush, I carry a fixed blade (Blind Horse MAVERICK SCOUT) & a small folder...two is one, one is none.

DomC

• Upvote 1

I pulled my Dfly out at work to cut open a box & my co-worker freaked & replied "man that's a sword !". I laughed and whipped out my Spyderco Pacific Salt and he freaked even worse. I leave the PSalt at home now.

I don't understand why people think Spydercos are "scary." I don't know that I ever would have, since, even before I was "into" knives (a.k.a. before Thomas introduced them to me), I would've thought a Spyderco looked damn nice for a knife and somehow that makes it completely non-threatening to me almost.

Not that I ever thought even real swords were anything less than cool.

I guess to me objects are not scary. It's the way you're using them that can be. Maybe I just don't get this whole "freak out when an object you might not been expecting gets pulled out" mentality.

Ok done musing.

This has been my favorite EDC knife so far. This one is available through Blue Ridge Knives and is designed by ESEE knives. I love how it fits in my pocket for a large folder.

What a stunner. I love those handles.

• Upvote 2

This has been my favorite EDC knife so far. This one is available through Blue Ridge Knives and is designed by ESEE knives. I love how it fits in my pocket for a large folder.DSC_1126.thumb.jpg.86a640211264ca0872726DSC_1125.thumb.jpg.363ed12448e985fc4751f

The Avispa has been on my to review list, great looking grinds and solid ergonomics judging by the similarity with the RAT-1

• Upvote 2

I'm at work carrying a Spyderco Techno and a Dfly H1...

DomC

I still don't own a single H1 blade. :( Need to rectify the situation pronto!

I've added a pen and all weather note pad to my everyday carry as well.

Which pen?

Depends on my mood but it's usually one of these knives & a Leatherman Surge..

img_95341(1024x683).jpg

fuzzy2.jpg

Thats a gorgeous Koster. Those scales are just stunning.

• Upvote 2

Thats a gorgeous Koster. Those scales are just stunning.

Thanks Thomas! It should be considering it took 15 months to get it from him! I love Dan's work and I've met him, he's a very nice guy. However, he moves his dealer orders to the front. Jason at DLT Trading gave him a 20,000$ deposit on a HUGE batch of bushmaster's about 5-6 months ago and guess what he has in stock already. Yeah, he has bushmaster's in 4 different handle materials. I guess the money is more important to him...

Edited by Hog Wyld Bushcraft
  • Upvote 1

august-2015-edc-purse-dump.thumb.jpg.bba

This month's EDC.

New Spydie is the Des Horn. Absolutely love the way it looks. I think I might keep it in pristine condition and not carry it anymore because of just how much I love it.

#4, the ditto - super helpful. Vibrates 1, 2, 3, or 4 times depending on if I get an email, text, phone call, or am separated (i.e. forgot/lost/stolen) from my phone. Loving it so far. Usually clip it on to my belt loop - perfect spot for it.

• Upvote 2

• Iphone (belt clip)

Broke the can opener in the kitchen today, but wait....I'm not sunk my trusty P-38 to the rescue, damn I love being prepared.

• Upvote 1

new knife and light. 

Thrunite T10T and a Brad Southard Avo along with the Benchmade 940-1 (never leaves my side)

i am in love with this southard.  its like he molded the scales to fit my hand.  it is perfect.  i dont see my EDC blades changing any time soon

image5.JPG

Edited by btl5008
  • Upvote 2

new knife and light. 

Thrunite T10T and a Brad Southard Avo along with the Benchmade 940-1 (never leaves my side)

i am in love with this southard.  its like he molded the scales to fit my hand.  it is perfect.  i dont see my EDC blades changing any time soon

Digging the Benchmade Osborne. So pretty!

• Upvote 1

As of late, I've been carrying my Spyderco Delica 4 (ZDP 189 steel). I really like this knife. It's a great slicer and holds an edge like nobody's business...

DomC

Edited by DomC
  • Upvote 1

As of late, I've been carrying my Spyderco Delica 4 (ZDP 189 steel). I really like this knife. It's a great slicer and holds an edge like nobody's business...

DomC

Thomas used to be OBSESSED with his. Carried it for months and months even while having so many other knives to choose from.

• Upvote 1