Survival Threads
Thomas

What are you carrying today? [EDC/Everyday Carry thread]

With the exception of the knife, everything here is on me daily. The knife changes often, usually to one of the many Spydercos I own.

IMG_1521.jpg

Edited by PappyHiker
added text
  • Upvote 2

FEROX Folding Knife, One of Our custom Survival Bands and One of our Key Fobs, all in Black of course :D

Digging that survival band :) Nice EDC!

With the exception of the knife, everything here is on me daily. The knife changes often, usually to one of the many Spydercos I own.

What are your most carried Spydercos? If you had a top 3 let's say!

What are your most carried Spydercos? If you had a top 3 let's say!

My most carried Spyderco is the Manix 2 - C101G2. Most would say its heavy for EDC, and it is. But this is for hard use everyday. My workhorse knife.
My second most carried, well that's tough to say, but its probably my Spyderco Persistence. Its like my mini workhorse. Small, but tough. Still heavier that most EDC knives of its size, but a solid performer that's worth the extra weight for me.
My third, welllllll ummmmm lemme seeeee. Hmmmmm. Probably a toss up between my Spyderco Endura or Delica 4's. I have every color of each except purple. When I'm stylin, out for the evening the Delica 4 is lightweight and perfectly sized. I kind of like my blue one the best, but depends on what I'm wearing. Sometimes I switch to my Endura 4 if I am in a more tactical mood. Lightweight, and despite its length, it almost disappears in the pocket. Gray is my favorite one there. But that blade on the Endura! Damn! I'd really hate to be stabbed with that one. She's a nasty one for sure.
I have 9 other Spyderco knives which I do carry every so often.
I have so many knives at this point that it has become too hard to decide which to carry. But I make sure I get around to all of them. But the reality is that my Manix 2 has really become my partner when it comes to EDC. I trust and depend on it to perform and it has never let me down yet........... It gives me a feeling of confidence when I use it..........

• Upvote 1

Carry today.... 9 hours ago UPSs started beeping, so for awhile I was carrying that light club I photo'd a while back ( 4 "D" cells ) while I did the rounds and shut off backed up equipment that didn't need to be running. Like the light, set it down, pointed at the ceiling, and have a well lit room. Used the one cordless phone I'd left on to report the outage, and back to sleep. Power was out about 5 hours so too short to really matter.

• Upvote 2

Thats an awesomely overbuilt timepiece! Any details?

Its the Phase lll Clip Watch by Dakota Watch Company.
Details:
* Leather Strap

* 100 Feet Water Resistant

* Analog Movement

* Luminescent Hands

* Luminescent Arabic Dial and Oversized case

* Aluminum Cobra Clip Carabiner

* Aluminum Case Protector
It retails for around $55-60 ( US dollars ) on line. But if you can get to one of their Kiosks located in US malls you can probably get a discount. 
Its not a bad watch at all. Keeps time really well.
The luminescents only work well if exposed to light for a period of time. This is my only disappointment in that it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. But it works well.
I've owned this one for a little over a year now, carry it only occasionally. It has gotten wet on a couple of occasions, dropped a couple of times too. Never damaged.
I believe the warranty is 5 years, and the first battery is free. They change it for you at one of their kiosks. I was told it is a 10 year battery........ but that's not etched in stone.
The picture here was taken after a 1 minute exposure with my Fenix PD32UE at 830 lumens. The brightness kind of died pretty quickly after that, but it may not have been a long enough exposure.

IMG_2408 (1).JPG

Edited by PappyHiker
added text
  • Upvote 1

My daily carry is pretty boring because it doesn't change much; some type of large folder, a SAK or other multitool, a flashlight, a Space Pen and my wallet. Lately it's been a Kershaw Volt SS, a SAK Classic, my Leatherman Wave and a Fenix LD12. ?

• Upvote 3

My daily carry is pretty boring because it doesn't change much; some type of large folder, a SAK or other multitool, a flashlight, a Space Pen and my wallet. Lately it's been a Kershaw Volt SS, a SAK Classic, my Leatherman Wave and a Fenix LD12. ?

That's not boring. Its real. Its good. And change? Who needs it? Just gear junkies like me.

• Upvote 2

I have so many knives at this point that it has become too hard to decide which to carry. But I make sure I get around to all of them. But the reality is that my Manix 2 has really become my partner when it comes to EDC. I trust and depend on it to perform and it has never let me down yet........... It gives me a feeling of confidence when I use it..........

I feel you on that front. The Sage 1 is honestly my favourite EDC of all time, I just can't help using it so much more than any other knife. I do use others, but not as frequently and not as happily ;) Am such a sucker for the Sage 1 (which reminds me, I should get another eventually...).

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a pretty optimized EDC if you ask me! Also, welcome to the forum!

• Upvote 2

I always have a knife and a Leatherman as it seems to be part of my DNA.  A memory stick as there is always data you need.  Flashlight is nowadays a good idea as electricity is becoming a relic of the past.

WP_20151004_004.jpg

• Upvote 2

I always have a knife and a Leatherman as it seems to be part of my DNA.  A memory stick as there is always data you need.  Flashlight is nowadays a good idea as electricity is becoming a relic of the past.

Always have a knife on me, or two. Credit card knife in my wallet. An SOG fielder in my pocket. Like you say it's in my DNA.

Love it you guys. :)

• Upvote 1

ianeith: How you liking that flashlight?

Really digging it. I have inserted a 3400 mah 18650 battery and I can use it moderate-to-heavy use for days on medium and high with no worry. That makes the slightly larger than true pocket size more than a good trade off, I find. I carry a Thrunite Ti4 Penlight as a backup, but it rarely sees use because of the S20R.

• Upvote 1

Really digging it. I have inserted a 3400 mah 18650 battery and I can use it moderate-to-heavy use for days on medium and high with no worry. That makes the slightly larger than true pocket size more than a good trade off, I find. I carry a Thrunite Ti4 Penlight as a backup, but it rarely sees use because of the S20R.

Good to know, thanks! :) And yeah it's definitely not much larger than a true pocket size. Not bad at all!