Survival Threads
Thomas

What are you carrying today? [EDC/Everyday Carry thread]

In my pants' pockets.

Gorgeous EDC! What's that red pen?

My daily load out most days, well and my phone a trusty iphone 4. :) I absolutely love my SEIKO kinetic watch most comfortable watch I've owned considering it's a bit heavy.

What's that SOG item to the left of the SOG knife?

What's that SOG item to the left of the SOG knife?

It's called a "signal fire" and it was in the package when I bought the SOG fielder knife. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it's a great little item. It's a very loud whistle and a fire starter. It clips on to your key chain and the little clip detaches and becomes the striker for the ferro rod that is attached to the side. Nice and then takes up very little space, I've gotten more and have them in all my bug out bags. The only issue is that I've had to reinforce the ferro rod with a little super glue as the factory glue never holds but once the super glue is added I've never had an issue.

• Upvote 1

It's called a "signal fire" and it was in the package when I bought the SOG fielder knife. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it's a great little item. It's a very loud whistle and a fire starter. It clips on to your key chain and the little clip detaches and becomes the striker for the ferro rod that is attached to the side. Nice and then takes up very little space, I've gotten more and have them in all my bug out bags. The only issue is that I've had to reinforce the ferro rod with a little super glue as the factory glue never holds but once the super glue is added I've never had an issue.

So cool! That's incredibly small for being both a whistle and a fire starter... makes me want to get a hold of a few myself. So conveniently tiny!

That's a good call on the super glue. I will keep that in mind if I get some of 'em!

• Upvote 1

Gorgeous EDC! What's that red pen?

It's a Tactile Turn Shaker pen in maroon. It's made of machined aluminum and also comes in a longer version called the Mover. If you go to Massdrop they have a drop in it for cheap right now. You can also get it in Titamium, Brass and other materials, and multiple other colors in aluminum.

Here's a link to Massdrop:

https://www.massdrop.com/r/25ZTMB 

Edited by ianeith
  • Upvote 1

It's a Tactile Turn Shaker pen in maroon. It's made of machined aluminum and also comes in a longer version called the Mover. If you go to Massdrop they have a drop in it for cheap right now. You can also get it in Titamium, Brass and other materials, and multiple other colors in aluminum.

Here's a link to Massdrop:

https://www.massdrop.com/r/25ZTMB 

Thanks for the link! It's a beautiful pen, especially in the colour you chose. Would want it on my wishlist for a little to make sure I really want it but definitely think I might buy it from massdrop eventually! (Thomas tells me he's seen it on there before, so chances are it will be back!).

My EDC is the Hogue EX-04 4" Folder Upswept Blade Black Finish G10 Frame - Solid Black. Like everything about this knife and made in the USA.   

hogue knife.jpg

Wow..

That is a real beauty; thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

My first Pocket Dump... the pockets of my cycling jacket!

1.Eco batteries for front bicycle light; 2.Ancient wallet (gift from my wife); 3. Alcohol wipes liberated from KFC; 4. KEYS!; 5. Student ID for my L4 Counselling Diploma; 6.Random Scout woggle found in canal fields; 7.Business card holder, containing cards for our art and design business.

Pocket-Dump-2-11-2015.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here is my EDC.

LED Lenser P3 mini torch

Lansky World Legal Knife

The Friendly Swede Magnesium emergency fire starter blocks

Spare eneloop batteries.

Omg that's the knife we keep forgetting to buy - the Lansky World Legal. Need to remember to grab that when we can.

Love your EDC David! Lookin' good!

• Upvote 2

Just running errands and what not, I limit it to the Minimal kit. Gun, wallet, pocket knife, flashlight, keys, and phone.

I also work in a secure area, so my work EDC is the Minimal Kit that I lock in the gun lockers outside my area.

My EDC is pretty extensive when I load out with what I call the "Full Panoply." I know it seems ridiculous, but I really can fit all of this crap comfortably in a pair of jeans (although I more often wear Tru-Spec 24/7 cargo pants.)

-Not pictured: LG-G4 Phone, White 100% Cotton Handkerchief, & Albuterol Inhaler.
-I switch back and forth between all the leather and nylon/plastic/kydex belts, holsters, and pouches. Call me OCD, but I hate mixing the two.

1. Wallet

• ReadyMan Lock Pick Card
  • Fresnel Lens Magnifier
  • Card Sharp Folding Credit Card Knife

2. Leatherman Wave
3. Glock 22 Magazine
4. Benchmade 710
5. Streamlight ProTac 2L
6. Notepad
7. Speed Strip w/ .38 SPC
8. S&W 442 in a Bianchi Triad Ankle Holster
9. Timex Indiglo (cheap) with Paracord Strap (replaced when the original broke)
10. Paracord Bracelet w/ Compass
11. Trauma Kit in a Ricci Ankle Medical Pouch

• Quick Clot
  • Tourniquet
  • Chest Seal
  • Mouth-To-Mouth Shield
  • Isreali Bandage

12. Nite-Ize Keychain on a Leather Belt Keeper

• Various Keys
  • Swiss Army Swiss-Key
  • Pill Tube stuffed w/ Zippo Waxed Tinder Sticks
  • Ferro Rod & Magnesium Bar
  • Flash Drive w/ Vital Docs

13. Parker Ball-Point I.M. & Sharpie Stainless
14. Zippo (engraved w/ name as a Groomsman's gift) w/ Z-Plus Butane Insert
15. Mace Pepper Spray
16. Glock 23 in a Galco holster
17. PSK in a Gallon Zip-Lock Bag

• Emergency Poncho
  • Mylar Emergency Blanket
  • Quart Zip-Lock Bag
  • Aquamira Water Purifier Tabs x4
  • Six Yards of Heavy Duty Aluminium Foil

18. ESEE Izula
19. Cabela's Leather Belt

FullEDC.jpg

In my GHB, I have what amounts to a minimal bushcraft set coupled with some more urban survival items. The GHB goes with me to work and when ever I have to be more than 10 miles or so from home.

Edited by Unistat76
  • Upvote 3

EDC is a little strange, because I work from home, or my GF's house. Most of the tools are right at hand.

Since I can wear "lounge pants" w/ no belt loops, I use a lightweight surplus German Army vest in place of my former belt-pouches.

outer pockets:

a notepad, .7mm mechanical pencil, a superfine Sharpie pen, a Sharpie highlighter, Zippo lighter, Samsung S3 cellphone (took the pic).

inner pocket:

a Spyderco "Ambitious", an Everready penlight, a "regular" Sharpie marker., a 4-tip "jeweler's" screwdriver (I wear glasses), a cheap "spork"   and a plastic holder for 3x5 index cards.

Kershaw Link in right pants pocket.

If I "go out" very far, shoulder holster for a Taurus Judge (.410 buckshot) and a  MOLLE pouch for an extra flashlight and a Gerber multitool) - I have a Concealed Carry permit -so, not a problem. Keychain has a pipetool, firesteel, extra flashlight, knife sharpener,some cordage, handcuff keys, Gerber Micro tool, and oh,yeah,some keys :)

20151215_145705.jpg

Edited by Wyzyrd
  • Upvote 3