Jump to content
Survival Threads
Thomas

What are you carrying today? [EDC/Everyday Carry thread]

Recommended Posts

On 1/6/2016 at 2:35 PM, Alexmdfkr said:

here is what i'm carring today;

Inside my backpack: Leatherman Rebar

In my pockets: Bic Lighter, Solitaire Maglite, Leatherman croc, Victorinox Climber, my lovely Spyderco Native 5 FRN and a handy sharpie pen.

On my wrist: a simple analog Casio with custom strap.

the Spyderco is the new item (a Christmas gift...from..me) but it will become my main EDC, i like a lot.

DSC_0253.thumb.jpg.8a79a65367cc8700731b7

I have yet to review the Native 5, what are your thoughts on it? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thomas said:

I have yet to review the Native 5, what are your thoughts on it? 

hHi Thomas, i like the lock back, very tight, no blade play, excellent edge retention, i like the shape of the blade, but the principal aspect is to hold it using the index-finger choil, in my opinion, that let me apply most of the force on the blade, that prevent fatigue on the pivot and the back lock, excellent quality, very useful folder knife and.... so lightweight!!!.

i don't know why people (with no knife experience) think a lightweight knife its a cheap knife (talking about quality).

DSC_0235.thumb.jpg.5e8157033b240c7a7dbf3 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headed into town for a while today, so the pocket dump is a little bit shinier then usual.

- Cobra de Calibre DLC CuSn8 watch

- TAD Edition Chuck Gedritis Mongoose

- Kingdom Armory TiNapple tool/opener.
 

IMAG3360-01.jpeg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-01-27 at 6:39 PM, Alexmdfkr said:

i don't know why people (with no knife experience) think a lightweight knife its a cheap knife (talking about quality).

Marketing. 44 years ago, as an electronics repair tech, I saw audio amplifiers that had a 2 Kg steel bar bolted down inside the ( largely empty ) case. Quoting a sales guy " Feel the quality! " . By the same logic a steam locomotive is a better race car then a Lamborghini.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol.. about  that same timeframe, there was a "stereo speaker system" markeTed on the weight = quality bandwagon.

When the cheap fiberboard box was opened, it  contained a 10 cent transistor radio speaker, a T of cardboard tubing to carry sound to the grilles, and  several bags of sand glued to the base . 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gary_Gough said:

Marketing. 44 years ago, as an electronics repair tech, I saw audio amplifiers that had a 2 Kg steel bar bolted down inside the ( largely empty ) case. Quoting a sales guy " Feel the quality! " . By the same logic a steam locomotive is a better race car then a Lamborghini.

HAHAHA!!!!! you're right, in this era the easy access to information should be helpful to take the right decision, that's why i came to this forum and share information with a new friends.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2016 at 7:39 PM, Alexmdfkr said:

hHi Thomas, i like the lock back, very tight, no blade play, excellent edge retention, i like the shape of the blade, but the principal aspect is to hold it using the index-finger choil, in my opinion, that let me apply most of the force on the blade, that prevent fatigue on the pivot and the back lock, excellent quality, very useful folder knife and.... so lightweight!!!.

i don't know why people (with no knife experience) think a lightweight knife its a cheap knife (talking about quality).

DSC_0235.thumb.jpg.5e8157033b240c7a7dbf3 

I frquently choke up with my Spydies too, Have you ever handled a Spyderco Stretch? I think its one of the most comfortable of all the Spyderco knives- if you like ergonomic FRN, you will like it. 

On 2/4/2016 at 1:08 PM, Gary_Gough said:

Marketing. 44 years ago, as an electronics repair tech, I saw audio amplifiers that had a 2 Kg steel bar bolted down inside the ( largely empty ) case. Quoting a sales guy " Feel the quality! " . By the same logic a steam locomotive is a better race car then a Lamborghini.

Excellent analogy Gary, couldn't agree with you more.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18 de febrero de 2016 at 3:29 AM, Thomas said:

I frquently choke up with my Spydies too, Have you ever handled a Spyderco Stretch? I think its one of the most comfortable of all the Spyderco knives- if you like ergonomic FRN, you will like it. 

Excellent analogy Gary, couldn't agree with you more.

O buy the natyve becouse the Dragonfly, but im thinking to try others Spydies, i'll Put the Stretch in my list, but y next goal it's a techno, any thought about ir?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty much everything I carry everyday. Still can't understand some guys who carry more than one knife (and fixed ones) and ferro rods to go for a town walk. :) 

DSC_6423 e s.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the latest of my ever evolving daily carry. The hardware is Glock 23 plus 2 extra mags, Leatherman Juice, Spyderco Delica and my last line of defense tactical knife, a Spyderco Matriarch 2.

Also first time poster and I love your site. It's very informative.

PS Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

13006730_10206384767998472_6776217213882322880_n.jpg

Edited by Muttley
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notebook, 2 pens, phone, keys, wallet, change, trolley/shopping cart token (don't know if USA uses this system), keyring light, [fake] cree/ultrafire mini torch, magnifying card, music player and headphones, little knife, jet lighter, tissues, 2 carrier bags (not paying for the pleasure of carrying stuff I just bought). I think that's it. Wait, I forgot the women's items. You probably don't want to think about those, but pads were proper EDC before I knew EDC was a thing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BimbleThunk   That sounds like a good stash. The pads double for a lot of things including tinder firestarter with chapstick and a spark to help out, as well as first aid and filtration duties. 

A firesteel in the mix would be awesome if the jetlighter runs out, then again not if one smokes..

My edc pouch always seems to have a button compass in there somewhere, and a SWAK.

cheers

Edited by Dan Seven
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, I'm carrying a SOG Aegis Mini, a Victorinox Alox Cadet, a Sing Fire 348 flashlight (in a Remora accessory pouch), a DASH wallet, keys and an LG smartphone.

Aug 1 EDC.jpg

Edited by mjbruiser
Left something out.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2016 at 5:25 AM, Muttley said:

Here is the latest of my ever evolving daily carry. The hardware is Glock 23 plus 2 extra mags, Leatherman Juice, Spyderco Delica and my last line of defense tactical knife, a Spyderco Matriarch 2.

Also first time poster and I love your site. It's very informative.

PS Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

13006730_10206384767998472_6776217213882322880_n.jpg

I love it, always wanted to snap up a Matriarch but I do not if I would ever use it...like ever. Have you used it beyond a defensive carry?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good one.. I have a dear friend who is a Sheriff in the Courthouse and does classes and range time courses on the Glock 22

Up here in Canada it is the Standard Law Enforcement sidearm in 40 mm.

Love the 22 model as they jumped from NATO standard 17 to the rail front for a laser and flashlight option.

i think that is awesome and would definitely be pleased with that !

cheers

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwitransient said:

Nice lighter Pappy.

Is it a Zippo model ? Stamped S/S or Pewter Art?

It's a Zippo with pewter art on front, from the Zippo factory.......... Originally posted as a limited edition and no longer listed as so.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×