Survival Threads
Thomas

What are you carrying today? [EDC/Everyday Carry thread]

On 22/03/2017 at 4:02 PM, dthomasdigital said:

@Wyzyrd i like the moleskin, any one know if a moleskin with all weather type pages, I've added a write in rain note pad to my EDC but I'd love to find something that looks "cooler".

I have a cool leather "sleeve" for my mini moleskines by Rustico- I have the Orbitor model, i'll upload a pic tomorrow.

On 22/03/2017 at 4:02 PM, dthomasdigital said:

@Wyzyrd i like the moleskin, any one know if a moleskin with all weather type pages, I've added a write in rain note pad to my EDC but I'd love to find something that looks "cooler".

IMG_20170324_095955540.thumb.jpg.03da6e18b767da4f8a84f7e53f0e7e70.jpgIMG_20170324_100009478.thumb.jpg.b257e256410477bf445db3474c3dfe38.jpgIMG_20170324_100021091.thumb.jpg.1e285eaa06968052057d842f7ad81b3f.jpg

Works out well for me!

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 3:50 PM, cgsurvivalman said:

This is my normal EDC. I live by rule 9. Never go anywhere without a knife. I also carry my Gerber, ferro rod, lighter, magnifying glass and a firearm. Also, remember the type of clothing that you wear is also important. You do not want to end up in the deep woods with just a tee shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. Or find yourself without a jacket in the winter. 

I agree CG. Ive seen plenty of those types; likely tourists or recreationists. Sadly, Ive also only seen one group and that was a mile from Table Rocks summit and it was a group of women. That day was also when I encountered my first bear; pulled my sheath knife out and got in front of the women. It was all I had that day and I was thanked. Luckily, the bear did not charge or I would have had a serious fight. Be mindful that communications is important as well....cell signal is not present in areas. Best to have some type of good long distance radio.

edc.jpg

• Upvote 1

hi everyone, have you heard of EDC tactical writing pens?

I hadn't until I wrote an article about them the other day at the content company I work for. I'm not posting this to advertise at all. I just thought the pen was pretty cool. They are called Tactical Pens and made of aircraft aluminium with a glass breaking tool build into the design. The ones I wrote about were made as a EDC tool for self defense or writing. Very cool and nice looking writing pen. 

Edited by Family Disaster Dogs
forgot to hit the send me rely button

What i typically carry.

Or rather, a pool of stuff i pick from20171031_163936.thumb.jpg.5052c19eeb87aac1de94eb9e0c5fdbce.jpg

The holsters directly under the handguns are safariland ALS's, for a glock 19 w/ TLR-1, and a walther PPQ.

Not big on open carry, but the shop i work at likes it when employees OC.

If I'm not working, i almost always carry the Walther PPQ in an aliengear. I didn't get a light bearing holster (or even look for one) because I didn't like how the light sat so far forward. Normally at work, I carried the G19 because it works so well with lights, and finding a good light bearing holster was easy, but i shoot so well with the PPQ i carry it a lot too.

The PPQ in the safariland also hides better when a shirt is pulled over it.

One spare mag in left pocket.

Kershaw leek

Surefire g2x

Wallet

Cell phone (not pictured)

Belt is a magpul Tejas El Burro gun belt. It's a PITA to put on and take off, but once you get it, and a hoster on it, it's like they are JB welded in place

On 10/30/2017 at 6:12 AM, Family Disaster Dogs said:

hi everyone, have you heard of EDC tactical writing pens?

I hadn't until I wrote an article about them the other day at the content company I work for. I'm not posting this to advertise at all. I just thought the pen was pretty cool. They are called Tactical Pens and made of aircraft aluminium with a glass breaking tool build into the design. The ones I wrote about were made as a EDC tool for self defense or writing. Very cool and nice looking writing pen. 

yap.. those pens are interesting, i suppose they're as concealed as concealed carry will ever be.. i purchased one for daily use a couple of months back.. it was great for quick scribbles but gets a tad too heavy for longer use.. i suppose though it depends on the tactical pen, some reviews state info regarding weight and weight distribution relative to both its use as a writing and defending instruments.. unfortunately i lost it on one of my commutes.. i replaced it with a fisher cap-o-matic for daily use and purchased another tac-pen for when i go to places which wont allow me to carry pocket knives.. 

its a great addition to any edc kit if you ask me, nice alternative or pairing for what you may already have with you.. prices differ also.. i just went for the one that didn't hurt the budget..

On 12/26/2017 at 12:23 PM, Paul Regalado said:

yap.. those pens are interesting, i suppose they're as concealed as concealed carry will ever be.. i purchased one for daily use a couple of months back.. it was great for quick scribbles but gets a tad too heavy for longer use.. i suppose though it depends on the tactical pen, some reviews state info regarding weight and weight distribution relative to both its use as a writing and defending instruments.. unfortunately i lost it on one of my commutes.. i replaced it with a fisher cap-o-matic for daily use and purchased another tac-pen for when i go to places which wont allow me to carry pocket knives.. 

its a great addition to any edc kit if you ask me, nice alternative or pairing for what you may already have with you.. prices differ also.. i just went for the one that didn't hurt the budget..

The only "tactical pen" I ever found halfway decent in terms of comfort was the CRKT Williams pen- rather large and pointy but light & comfy enough to be viable as a daily driver.