Survival Threads
dthomasdigital

Morakniv Craftline Basic 511

I must own 6 or 7 Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 knives I just love these little utility knives got them in my tool boxes, bug out bags just about everywhere. But I'm not sure I like the new design as much as the old design it was called the Morakniv Craftline Q All round . But I like the new sheath over the old one. I guess there is just no pleasing me. Anyone have both and agree or disagree. Great little fixed blade for $10.00 that is for sure.

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity - since you said you're not as big a fan of the new one as the old one - do you still like the new one better than all the other Moras though?

Oh don't get me wrong I love these little utility knives. They are good, sturdy, and very safe to use thanks to the finger guard. I just think the old version feels better in the hand. I need to get other Moras and see what I like best that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

I just think the old version feels better in the hand. I need to get other Moras and see what I like best that's for sure.

That makes perfect sense, though. Moras are great value no matter which you get, I feel. But yeah definitely some are more comfy than others. Good thing you have at least a few of the older ones that fit your hand so well.

We got the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (I'm pretty sure that's the one) not too long ago, and I thought not much could top my love for the Mora 2000, but the Companion pretty much schools the Mora 2000 in terms of comfort - unexpected win! Either way, though, it's like choosing between two great options, so not much to complain about :)

Bang for buck I don't think anything bests Mora's. I personally love the old 740's. Very comfortable and extremely stout taking into account the relatively thin blade stock. 

• Upvote 1