Survival Threads
Thomas

Spyderco Endura VS Spyderco Delica - Which do you prefer?

Delica or Endura?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

I've reviewed both the Spyderco Endura and Spyderco Delica before and I know this question gets asked a lot. Personally I will always have a soft spot for the Delica as I think its the perfect size for an EDC knife but lets hear your thoughts!

Have some pictures to help jog your memory (sorry about quality, its my phone :( ).

For those not into Spydies, Delica is the light grey one on the left, and yes, my Endura has custom scales (& backspacer). 

delica1.thumb.jpg.3d14fd2757e93f10a619b6delica2.thumb.jpg.4722435c17b5cf08cb3479delica3.thumb.jpg.7e2c8ba196263fd3d05922

• Upvote 1

I believe that the true step-up from the delica is the PM2, rather than the Endura, despite the familial ties between Endura and Delica. The Endura is a nice knife, but if the task requires graduating into a larger, more capable blade, then the PM2 is better than Endura, which is more of a larger Delica with otherwise similar capabilities (though better for food prep than either of the other two).

• Upvote 1

I believe that the true step-up from the delica is the PM2, rather than the Endura, despite the familial ties between Endura and Delica. The Endura is a nice knife, but if the task requires graduating into a larger, more capable blade, then the PM2 is better than Endura, which is more of a larger Delica with otherwise similar capabilities (though better for food prep than either of the other two).

I love the PM2 (and frequently list it as the "best" EDC knife for the money) with that said, the Endura shares DNA with the Delica- I find the PM2 to be drastically different in feel (the scales are not contoured the same way), materials and lock so for me I have never made the connection.

I wish more Spyderco's existed with the compression lock :( .

• Upvote 1

I have 2 Enduras and 2 Delicas.......... Talk about the 'cool factor', I just love the different colors.
Anyway........ Love them both, each having their own special attributes. The Delica being the better EDC, but the Endura would be the much better self defense blade. I probably carry the Delica more, But if I'm out at night the Endura is my choice.

• Upvote 1

I really like the Endura, but rarely see a logical chance to use it. The size of blade on the Endura is not something you find use for in everyday Greek corporate life, and thus only comes into play in the countryside or on the mountain. For those cases I prefer to use the Cara Cara iteration of the Endura as it can handle anything I have to throw at it just as well as the Endura would, I can really beat on it, and, as such, it would keep the "collect-ability" quotient of my shiny, pretty blue Endura otherwise unabated.

The Delica sees more carry time in the city because of its smaller size, and fewer tough jobs available in the office life.

If I ever need a self-defense blade to feel comfortable going somewhere, I would pack a Karahawk or Fox Karambit; I believe as a last resort life-saver they are better due to concealed deployment as well as better defensive cutting.

For a "night out" sort of blade I like a CRKT Argus, Spydie Chaparral/ Bradley Air/ Sage 2, etc. depending on the occasion.

• Upvote 1

i have one of each and i would have to say that i prefer the delica.  i just falls more in line with what i prefer in an EDC blade size wise.  the endura is a great knife that i enjoy quite a bit, but it is a bit larger than what i like to carry.  if i were going out in the woods and had to choose one, the endura would be the choice for that, but in general it is more blade than i require for daily carry. 

the delica is super light weight, nice and sturdy and very useful.  though it isnt dirt cheap, it is a very solid choice for someone looking to get a good EDC blade without breaking the bank

• Upvote 1