Survival Threads
Thomas

Ordering a second of the same knife?

Just ordered a second CRKT Hissatsu (reviewed here). I know I already have one but I absolutely love this knife (for cool factor reasons, not so much practicality!) and wanted to get a second as a spare. Anyone else ever do this?

tactical-folding-knife-review-crkt-hissa

(If your in the US and feel the need to snag one up- here you go )

Edited by Thomas
  • Upvote 2

You did well Elise...I am sure You will enjoy it, and he 

does not even know what hit him yet..  :)

Naw, the Hissatu's for him for sure. :P I have no interest in it, haha! Not my kind of knife.

We did recently get the Hisshou, though, and THAT I'm stealing! Won't find much use for it, but it'll look pretty in my collection :D

Dear Thomas,

If I really like a knife, yes I do buy a 2nd one,…

I have 2:
Leatherman Wave
Leatherman Dime
Cold Steel Rajah 1
Cold Steel Rajah 2
Cold Steel Rajah 3
Blackhawk Tatang
Condor Heavy Duty Kukri
Condor Boomslang

One stays mint in box, the other gets thrashed and bashed.

Kind regards,
Rowan H. Robbertze

• Upvote 1

Exactly what I do.

2 is 1, and 1 is none

Get 3 :D

I'm one of those people... Thomas had to stop me from a THIRD Nishijin glass fiber sprint run of the Spyderco Lum Chinese.. Two will have to be enough.

Those handles tho. Love this knife <3.

spyderco-lum-chinese-folder-nishijin-car

Edited by Elise
  • Upvote 1

Dear Thomas,

If I really like a knife, yes I do buy a 2nd one,…

I have 2:
Leatherman Wave
Leatherman Dime
Cold Steel Rajah 1
Cold Steel Rajah 2
Cold Steel Rajah 3
Blackhawk Tatang
Condor Heavy Duty Kukri
Condor Boomslang

Kind regards,
Rowan H. Robbertze

Always wanted to play with a Blackhawk Tatang- looks like a great knife with excellent styling and utility. I love the wave too although I prefer the skeletool for everyday carry. Kinda wish I could EDC the Rajah series but here in Toronto I feel I would just be asking for trouble. :( 

2 is 1, and 1 is none

Get 3 :D

Can't argue with that logic. :D 

• Upvote 2

You did well Elise...I am sure You will enjoy it, and he 

does not even know what hit him yet..  :)

As Elise mentioned- she has zero interest in it. Basically any knife that she deems "pretty" ends up in her collection (she can be pretty picky so thats not too many) and any folder with carbon fiber scales. Originally the Spyderco Sage 1 was mine but she ninja'd that away from me pretty quickly. :( 

• Upvote 1

Ah Yes...

We give our Heart away and then learn that goes with everything attached to it.

It is so that we know that the only way the Heart grows is by giving..and sometimes giving up.

I bet that after seeing how much she loves the Sage 1, you would never want it back, and when She is out of the house and You see it, it reminds You of her and not Yourself. 

knives are good for carving..       "Thomas and Elise Forever."..

:x

• Upvote 1

Dear Elise,

Much worse things you can do with your money than buy a 3rd knife

But yes, when I get that 2nd knife I mod and use the 1st one as much as possible.

Kind regards,
Rowan H. Robbertze

• Upvote 1

Always wanted to play with a Blackhawk Tatang- looks like a great knife with excellent styling and utility. I love the wave too although I prefer the skeletool for everyday carry. Kinda wish I could EDC the Rajah series but here in Toronto I feel I would just be asking for trouble. :( 

Can't argue with that logic. :D 

Dear Thomas,

The Blackhawk Tatang is an awesome field/tactical knife.  With the sharpened back edge, you have an additional cutting edge with you.  Not to mention back cuts for a tactical blade.

The Rajah2 as an EDC in the field is possible.
If you wear a suit for work it neatly fits in the side pocket.

Kind regards,
Rowan H. Robbertze

• Upvote 1

As Elise mentioned- she has zero interest in it. Basically any knife that she deems "pretty" ends up in her collection (she can be pretty picky so thats not too many) and any folder with carbon fiber scales. Originally the Spyderco Sage 1 was mine but she ninja'd that away from me pretty quickly. :( 

Oh was it yours? I forgot. :D

• Upvote 2

if i like a blade enough i will definitely buy a spare if it is an option.  i think in part it comes from the prepper in me.  i always like having a backup plan.  i like having a spare in the unlikely event that i lose or break one. 

or sometimes i just like it so much i have to have a second.  my profile picture is a good example of this.  the knives pictured are 2 each benchmade 940-121 gold class, and 2 each 940Ti (my personal grail knife).  i absolutely love 940 and have 21 total at this point ranging from basic stock 940s to extremely limited edition versions. 

• Upvote 2

I have like 10 Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 utility knives. Got them all over in tool boxes, cars, all over.

I feel like Moras are the perfect examples of knives to have duplicates of - so cheap and so worth having multiples.

• Upvote 1

I have like 10 Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 utility knives. Got them all over in tool boxes, cars, all over.

I get a feeling I will do the same thing with the Mora Companions! 

• Upvote 2

I have not done it yet but I definately want another Spyderco Paramilitary.  I love the size, I love the smooth action.  Will also get at least one more Tenecious as for the money it's a great knife.

I purchased a Kershaw Blur today.  That one is going back to the store tomorrow.  I bought the wal-mart exclusive tiger striped Tanto.  It looks good and is very sharp.  I also like the handle and grip.  The deal breaker is the assisted open... I do not like the way it opens.  Maybe it is my inexperience with it, but it is not very smooth and it really ruined the knife for me.  Also I can confirm Thomas review on the issue with the Liner Lock.  I held it carefully and gave it a good push with my hand and there was a definite flex there.  As a result it's going back and I'll get something else later.  It's a shame because I had high hopes for it and from a vain perspective it really looks cool with the tiger striped dlc.  I have tried to post a couple pix I took of it with my phone, but for some reason it is not letting me add them.

...maybe it is just the wal-mart factor...?

• Upvote 1