Survival Threads
Elise

Share Those Sales! Gear Deals & Product Discounts Spotting Thread

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tired of finding out about great product discounts long after sales have passed. I'm thinking in particular about some of the awesome deals from Massdrop especially, but I've missed a good chunk from Blade HQ, GP Knives, and other retailers as well.

So if you spot a good deal - do us all a favour and post it here so we can take advantage of the sale before it gets taken down.

I've recruited JoeyCarrillo from Google plus to help us out with this, since he's been kind enough to share a bunch of sales on our G+ Knife Community already!

Edited by Elise

Ah... Hullo there, people from the internet.

There are two things that make me very qualified for talking about great deals and specials that may come up every once in awhile. 

Here is one that I found out that's more of a "get it while you can" thing; The FROST axe! 

FROST stands for First Responder On Scene Tools, and is made of a sheet of AR400 steel-the same steel that makes "Armored vehicles" armored.

This tool is meant to replace 7 tools that firefighters need on the job. So, of course, the manufacture of these tools will be mainly for firefighters.

It is a KICKSTARTER at the moment, though. SO, if you WANT one, you can GET one!

For $295.

"Why are you telling me this", you might be saying to yourself. "This is not a sale!"

Well, i don't know if you have ever gone to Kickstarter. If you have, you may have seen cool things, but ALWAYS seem to have missed out on the Early Bird deals?

Well this one, as of this moment, still has slots available for the LOWEST amount you can pay to get the FROST axe.

So this is more of a Prevention of a Missed Opportunity, instead of a "Sale", but hey. I do what I can.

Screen Shot.png

Screen Shot 1.png

• Upvote 1

Omg you guys. This is turning out to be a better idea than I even originally thought, lol. JoeyCarrillo, looks like it's way easier/nicer sharing deals here than on Google+, and you can share multiples per day without it taking over and looking "too much," so I'm really happy with how this is going.

Btw, thanks for the product descriptions when you link, guys! Really helps.

Now time to see if I should be splurging a little :D.

• Upvote 1

The price on Amazon for the Cold Steel Code Four knife las lowered to below 50 bucks!

This bad boy usually goes for a LOT more on the official cold steel website.

Of course, there are some caveats; this is the older model, which is NOT made with the fancy-dancy new steel that the new models have. Secondly, this price is ONLY for the spear point.

BUT.. Hey! 50 bucks? You can't beat that!

31VBFUasCML.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tomahawks, anyone? I LOVE em!

I was keeping track of the SzaboHawk that Spyderco was going to release, but when I saw that the retail price was $350, I almost broke down and cried!

However, as these things usually go, they are a little cheaper on websites!

Bladeops.com is selling the Szabohaw for 210 bucks, plus shipping, of course.

Amazon is selling it for $205, with FREE shipping.

SPYH01-2T.jpg

• Upvote 1

This guy makes limited runs of all his products. He just let loose this latest tool, the Duo Deuce, for 90 bucks and FREE shipping!

From the site:

This pocket tool / keychain is made of 1/4" titanium or stainless steel and has been waterjet cut , stone tumbled and wire wheeled. It serves as a a bottle opener at the opening of the loop, it can be hooked on a belt loop or anywhere else convenient. This piece also comes with a double end bit to be used as a screwdriver in the 1/4" hex hole. The bottom of the Deuce has a small prybar for any uses you may find. I hope you find this tool handy and even find more uses for it !

http://www.kochtools.us/product/the-duo-deuce

IMG_20150620_100649.jpg

• Upvote 2

Mophie Powerstation XL on Mophie's website. Going for $39.99, originally $129.00.
Last opportunity to get this particular model, it will be phased out because Mophie is introducing a whole new line of portable charging banks.
All metal construction. It is one of the heavier power banks on the market which is why it is being phased out. Mophie's new line is much much lighter.
The Powerstation XL stores 12,000 mAh of power. This is enough to keep my iPhone 5C up and running for a week. These results may vary depending on the power requirements for your phone. It also has two outlets that allow you to charge 2 items at the same time.
I've been using mine for over a year. When on the road it has been a life saver, especially at airports, the 'land of no outlets'.
I usually have my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 ( on sale at WalMart for $149 right now ) and my iPhone with me. I can completely charge my tablet once and my iPhone 3 times off of the Powerstation XL. If I have my Powerstation Mini with me, that will give my iPhone a complete charge allowing me to carry my UE Mini Boom speaker and be able to charge it too.
Anyway, the Powerstation XL could be a great solution for keeping your phone charged on the fly. Put it in your BOB or EDC bag so you'll always have a power source available when there are no outlets.
The first photo ( I didn't take this ) is of the Powerstation XL. The second on is of my Powerstation Mini in action. With it is my iPhone 5C and my UE Mini Boom.

Mophie-Powerstation-XL.jpg

DSC_0468.JPG

• Upvote 1

B&H Photo

CRKT Squid @ $16.99 both Stonewash Black and Satin
Kershaw Ember @ $17.50

Free shipping over $50

Excellent EDC options

9822301.jpg

CRKT-Squid-closed.jpg

kershaw-ember.jpg

Edited by PappyHiker
added text
  • Upvote 1

B&H Photo

CRKT Squid @ $16.99 both Stonewash Black and Satin
Kershaw Ember @ $17.50

Free shipping over $50

Excellent EDC options

I love the Squid & this is an excellent price for that (also the Kershaw Ember looks excellent!). Gonna take a look at these sales - thanks so much for pointing 'em out!!

Slightly off topic, what the actual fuck - when did B & H Photo start carrying knives??

Edited by Elise
  • Upvote 1

Slightly off topic, what the actual fuck - when did B & H Photo start carrying knives??

They always carried some knives and tools. They also have multi tools and flashlights.

Edited by PappyHiker
  • Upvote 1

They always carried some knives and tools. They also have multi tools and flashlights.

Never knew that! Didn't even know they carried phones.

Just checked out the sales, and while I want to get those two knives - the rest don't look that appealing to me (and Thomas doesn't want anything from them either). I have to hit $99 to get free shipping to Canada so I guess it's better luck next year for me with the Black Friday deals! On knives & gear at least. I snapped up a number of other heavily discounted items (cat products, shoe insoles, etc.). That was pretty nice!

• Upvote 1