Survival Threads
Thomas

Everyday items that could be utilized as an impact weapon?

Thank You Mike..i was worried  it was too strongly worded..as it was not that long ago,

to re-live and certainly brought me to my knees. i definitely am in agreement with

both You and what You are saying !

cheers

• Upvote 2

Rolled newspaper, everywhere legal and indistinguishable item.

Also i like keys, pens/pencil's, monkey fist style keychain and flashlight. Cos here where i live, we can't legally carry guns or knives.

Few more: soda can (full) or bottle. Umbrella. In self defence situation anything goes.

• Upvote 2

i know it sounds strange, but a camera monopod, though unusual,

seems to be a well accepted item in most outdoor environments.

Hard to get into trouble for carrying camera equip. w/ a camera.

Doubles great as a walking stick..

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=monopod+for+cameras&sprefix=monopod%2Caps%2C214&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amonopod+for+cameras

cheers

• Upvote 2

A while back my Buddy and I were confronted  by couple of  adult Males, one with a carving knife.

My Buddy (BIG  scrappy dude) managed to take both steel capped boots off and put on his hands. (slip on boots)

He then "defended Himself" against knife by punching chap with boots. Lost His rag and then threw his boots at guys head.

That got his attention, while Buddy took off his belt with LARGE brass buckle, and chased offender down road using the belt as a flail. The offender was literally squealing. (still with carving knife)   Really was  quite  hilarious. I had  dealings  with  Offender in Prison and he was just a bully.

Very entertaining for the people stopped in their cars.  

Fun ceased when Mufti Police turned up. (down road doing a Drug intercept.)

I was dealing with #2 offender.

NOT always a viable option.

I've been involved in a lot of scraps as  a Professional Soldier and Prison Officer, but that sure took the prize for the most bizarre...

• Upvote 2

Many years ago at a local Craft Fair, a Chap was selling turned Native wood plastic bag carriers.

180mm (7 inches) long including the cone on each end. 25mm (1 inch) thick.

The idea is to put between handles of plastic shopping bag and put a twist of plastic behind the cones. This allows you to carry those pesky shopping bags great distances without pinching hands. Cool..

They make great Kubotans and are legal..

"I was carrying my groceries home Officer, and Perp and His mates mugged me. It was just reflex" 9_9

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2016 at 11:01 AM, Dan Seven said:

i know it sounds strange, but a camera monopod, though unusual,

seems to be a well accepted item in most outdoor environments.

Hard to get into trouble for carrying camera equip. w/ a camera.

Doubles great as a walking stick..

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=monopod+for+cameras&sprefix=monopod%2Caps%2C214&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amonopod+for+cameras

cheers

Thats a perfect example dan, especially this http://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-WT1003-67-Inch-Monopod/dp/B00FAYL1YU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1456571738&sr=8-5&keywords=monopod+for+cameras its basically a club when folded in, possibly a sjambok when extended. 

I love it!

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2016 at 0:50 AM, kiwitransient said:

A while back my Buddy and I were confronted  by couple of  adult Males, one with a carving knife.

My Buddy (BIG  scrappy dude) managed to take both steel capped boots off and put on his hands. (slip on boots)

He then "defended Himself" against knife by punching chap with boots. Lost His rag and then threw his boots at guys head.

That got his attention, while Buddy took off his belt with LARGE brass buckle, and chased offender down road using the belt as a flail. The offender was literally squealing. (still with carving knife)   Really was  quite  hilarious. I had  dealings  with  Offender in Prison and he was just a bully.

Very entertaining for the people stopped in their cars.

I'm a bit late to the party but this has got to be one of the best self defense stories I've ever read in my life. So epic! [Obviously referring to the part before the cop showed up.]

Yeap ,

Tightly rolled newspaper , had a uncle that had a bit of martial arts experience , he would have been a tough old bastard to have to deal with at the best of times , mostly due to being grumpy old man ( ie insanely stubborn )  never under estimate the old .

Something I have had next to me in every vehicle I have owned since 1970, either an old-type straight lug wrench, or more recently,  a gooseneck crowbar. Could definitely be used as an impact weapon.

When I  was in high school,  my best friend's uncle died in the line of duty with the NYPD, burned to death in a car that was wrecked during a chase. He had broken his old school wooden night stick attempting to lever the steering wheel off his chest. We all started carrying lug wrenches next to the driver's seat, and I never stopped. 

• Like 1

Iron_Age_IA5301_Board_Rage_02.png

I use iron worker shoes something like the picture, conceal for defend and the foot are longer than hands

Iron age worker boots or shoes regular have iron protected feet toe  from heavy impact matrial who maybe falling to the feet, for safety.

We carry back pack as shield, cause the hand be occupay to hold backpack, bag or shield the free action are feets

Edited by Daimond25

On 4/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, dthomasdigital said:

I never thought about it, time to carry a pry-bar with me in the front seat.

two things - can and will be considered a "burglary tool" if the coppers are looking for reasons .... secondly - don't have anything in the vehicle for a weapon that shouldn't be there for an everyday event in your life >>>> if there's questions about why a confrontation occurred - having a weapon weapon at arms reach can be considered premeditated ....

in regard to a pry bar - I keep a modified 18" Stanley flat bar with my GHB - will be carrying that in hand until the situation dictates for more lethal influence ... overall handy for multi purposes and shouldn't really bring "anxiety"to anyone seeing it being carried ...

what they always recommend - if you have a baseball bat in the car - make sure there's a mitt & ball to go with it ....

Edited by Illini Warrior

A aluminum baseball bat..  And a flashlight that uses 4 double A batteries end to end. I think Luieville slugger when ever I see it. Then there's the lock Blade clipped to my pocket.