Survival Threads
Elise

Self-Promotion: Sell something? Share links to your online stores here!

So we've been getting a number of people who have online stores joining us on Survival Threads, and while we're not huge on the overt advertising front, I do want people to feel comfortable advertising so long as it's done in the right place!

And thus we begin the thread of shameless plugs to your online stores! :)

Please let us know a bit about the stores you run, the kinds of products and/or services you provide, if you sell products - whether the items you sell are handmade or whether you are a reseller, etc. Any and all info you think would be helpful for us to know!

Aaannndd.. go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

newlogo.thumb.png.08f7b4604e67e66c7ac004

Born and raised in West Virginia, The Ridenour’s Both have a Great Passion For the Outdoors. Camping, Bush craft, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Geocaching, Food, Fish And Game Recipe cooking. They Both Enjoy Spending their time with family and friends on their adventures. As a Photographer, Jeannie Ridenour finds the perfect shot and shows the great beauty when she snaps the shutter. Her Photographs have been used in a few local articles and has brought a look rarely seen, you can check out Jeannie’s Personal Page by Clicking here.   As a sportsmen, Eric Ridenour has spent his life in the outdoors, from Hunting, Fishing, Trapping. As a blogger/writer his articles have been published in a few world wide magazines and local and state wide news papers.  His love for his Native American Heritage has brought him even closer to his roots. You can read More about Him By Clicking here. The Ridenour’s have Three Children, Jason, Tabby and Kaylee who enjoy the outdoors as well. In 2004 Hillbillybonez ( aka Big Ez World ) Was started as a means to show the world how life is here in West Virginia. Once the Word got out about this Website it took off. In the Years Since then, Hillbillybonez Has grown into what it is today, We offer folks a glimpse into the Mountains, Our adventures and offer some great low cost gear made right here in West Virginia.

p38.thumb.JPG.9ca1ac48f8a1a58879a38b8617

Our Custom Items Are made of 550 Military Grade Para Cord, and All Of our products are American Made And handcrafted Right here in Beautiful West Virginia. Our Paracord Survival Bands, Lanyards, Key fobs, Survival Grenades, can be unraveled in an emergency and used in many lifesaving applications. Often used as a general purpose utility cord by both military personnel and civilians. This versatile cord can save your life! Made with REAL military grade 550 Cord! You can Read More About Our Paracord By clicking HERE and Read the History About Para cord By also Clicking HERE .

Please be sure to like, share and Subscribe to us on all of our social media pages as well as checking out all that we have to offer on our website.  Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact us. We do Custom Orders as well. 

[email protected]

(304) 276-3516

www.hillbillybonez.org

• Upvote 3

I do appreciate the opportunity to be part of this group and to mention a few items of interest. I do sell a pretty decent carry on your belt basic survival kit, survival tips cards and a book called CAN YOU SURVIVE? That is very thorough on a number of survival skills. It is full of photos and original drawings, tales of primitive people and more. I also have several $0.99 Kindle books on various survival topics. I also make Native American style items for gifts at my Etsy store NATIVE WHISPERS. I teach classes in the NC mountains. All my items can be accessed at my website http://www.wayoftheraven.net/

Jewelry I made.jpg

BOOK COVER.jpg

100_1574.JPG

100_1433.JPG

• Upvote 2

In the back of my mind, I've set up a home business. Ha Ha. My business would sell survival and EDC stuff. I have no talent for braiding the paracord bracelets....soooo....oh well. :)

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2015 at 0:46 PM, Kaye :) said:

In the back of my mind, I've set up a home business. Ha Ha. My business would sell survival and EDC stuff. I have no talent for braiding the paracord bracelets....soooo....oh well. :)

Maybe there's some other EDC items you could make. Hmm not sure what but who knows! Keep your eye open. Maybe some cool idea will pop up! :)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Kaye :) said:

If you enjoy doing cordage-work and can do the basic "Cobra Braid", think outside the box.  Adding the buckles/shackles/etc. is what usually messes up "beginners",not the actual knotting.  Remember that at  this point, everybody and their dog, Billy, is selling survival bracelets. I, for one, can't stand bracelets or rings etc., so I don't wear one.

Think about alternatives - belts,suspenders, bandoliers for BBQ tools, hatbands (these work VERY well), even sheaths and pouches.

I'll see it I can find the "easy" instructions online :)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Wyzyrd said:

If you enjoy doing cordage-work and can do the basic "Cobra Braid", think outside the box.  Adding the buckles/shackles/etc. is what usually messes up "beginners",not the actual knotting.  Remember that at  this point, everybody and their dog, Billy, is selling survival bracelets. I, for one, can't stand bracelets or rings etc., so I don't wear one.

Think about alternatives - belts,suspenders, bandoliers for BBQ tools, hatbands (these work VERY well), even sheaths and pouches.

I'll see it I can find the "easy" instructions online :)

So helpful Wyzyrd! :)

On 11/10/2015 at 5:15 AM, Hillbillybonez said:

Thanks much appreciated, I design it all myself. 

Hate to seem dumb, but for some reason I can't find a way to see your "store". I'm interested in paracord lanyards, etc. I'm guessing it's way obvious to others on here. :)

Edited by Kaye :)
found the link on website. Question no longer necessary
  • Upvote 1

I Don't currently have a store but i am working on setting up and etsy.com store. (gotta set up separate bank account/email first) I will sell wood crafted items ( i am currently learning how to use the hand tools of the past as well as construction carpentry ) 

I"ll start out with small things like mixing spatulas and cutting boards and working my way from there. I also have a youtube channel that i plan on posting videos to soon 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs1BcvX5kjTGNmlUA_iIDFQ

it's not much but i just got a gopro for Christmas and videos will be coming soon in the mean tme check out some of the saved vids i have and channels that i subscribe to 

I like the logo too hillbillybones

Edited by Mrch1997
  • Upvote 1

I am new to this blog and I in fact do not have a store. I do want to have a store and so I have started an Indiegogo campaign to start up a store selling freeze dried foods. http://igg.me/at/ant-foods/x/13419862

One of the problems that I have with the current offerings is the expense (ouch) and how little product is available for those with food allergies (both of my daughters) and Vegan (my wife). 

One advantage I have is access to a commercial grade kitchen

Commercial-Kitchen.jpg

• Upvote 1

No real store or website for me.  In fact, pretty much just getting going with actual orders and sales.

bymjsdesign will be the branding moniker on the instagram site where I'm now starting to feature my handmade/custom knives:

https://www.instagram.com/bymjsdesign/

Everything thus far is fully handmade (no cnc, waterjet, etc), including the handle materials.  Each knife, as such, is a little bit unique.  Currently working on a batch of 8 fixed blades, with 4 more likely starting next week. 

A friction folder is currently being prototyped, and teaser pics should be up soon.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2015 at 5:05 PM, Elise said:

So we've been getting a number of people who have online stores joining us on Survival Threads, and while we're not huge on the overt advertising front, I do want people to feel comfortable advertising so long as it's done in the right place!

And thus we begin the thread of shameless plugs to your online stores! :)

Please let us know a bit about the stores you run, the kinds of products and/or services you provide, if you sell products - whether the items you sell are handmade or whether you are a reseller, etc. Any and all info you think would be helpful for us to know!

Aaannndd.. go!

ViperSharp is just coming available today through kickstarter! Seriously a great sharpening system. I know I'm biased but just check the reviews and YouTube. 

Http://ViperSharp.com

edited_1458746130164.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

No real store or website for me.  In fact, pretty much just getting going with actual orders and sales.

bymjsdesign will be the branding moniker on the instagram site where I'm now starting to feature my handmade/custom knives:

https://www.instagram.com/bymjsdesign/

Everything thus far is fully handmade (no cnc, waterjet, etc), including the handle materials.  Each knife, as such, is a little bit unique.  Currently working on a batch of 8 fixed blades, with 4 more likely starting next week. 

A friction folder is currently being prototyped, and teaser pics should be up soon.

Thanks for linking to the eye candy :)

1 hour ago, 1stmeridian said:

ViperSharp is just coming available today through kickstarter! Seriously a great sharpening system. I know I'm biased but just check the reviews and YouTube. 

Http://ViperSharp.com

edited_1458746130164.jpg

Thanks so much for posting in the right thread, and for being honest about your bias ;). Will check it out!

2 hours ago, 1stmeridian said:

Pretty nice looking system, at a reasonable price point.  Will you have more options available for sharpening stones?  The limited ones included it the only real drawback I see off the bat.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! Yes, I will have a whole array of stones available. Basically anything you want. I' planning to add a set of real coarse stones as well as a set of fine polishing stones before the kickstarter ends. I'm also working hard to source a manufacturer for diamond stones. Just need to nail that down good.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good, 1stmeridian.  Looks promising, so I signed up for the kickstarter this afternoon.  ;)  If those other stones materialize, I'll likely be game for those also.  Always looking for better (and easier) ways to keep stuff sharp!

• Upvote 1

(shameless plug in 3..2..1..)

Hey all, I'm a fiction author and recently published my first novel. It's called FROM WITHIN. I'm doing a sale on the Kindle edition starting this Thurs, Sept. 1st. It'll be 99 cents on Thursday! That's extremely cheap for a full-length 88,000 word novel! Normally $4.99 for the ebook. 

My book has spent quite a bit of time this last month since publishing on Amazon's Hot New Release Top 100 Best-Sellers List in Dystopian Genre. 

Author page: www.amazon.com/author/briandelaney

FROM WITHIN Description:

In 2036, America's favorite newsman, Marcus Braden, starts to become realistic with the American people about the never-ending poor state of the American economy. Marcus's bosses aren't pleased with his decision. Eventually, his warnings come to fruition. A government created corporation, the Central Management Authority, takes over every major industry, including the Worldwide News Link, Marcus's employer. He is quickly recruited to join the opposition against the hijacking of the country. The country immediately spirals out of control into a violent, riotous firestorm. Financial markets crash to rock-bottom.

Will Richards is a young man living in a small town in the mountains of California. He's a bit of a prepper and outdoorsman. When the world is turned upside down, Will, his mother, his girlfriend, and her family join together and aim to survive off the land. Will now has to navigate this new life and come to terms with what's required to survive.

Will's world takes an even greater chaotic turn when well-known newscaster Marcus Braden enters his life. They must now join together in a race against the clock that will either end in America's survival or demise.

Edited by Brian Delaney