Survival Threads
dthomasdigital

Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel 2.0 Army

I can not tell you how many firesteel's I own some good some bad, but my latest DYI project that didn't work out so well led me to believe I might need to check out something better. So I buckled down and spent some money on the Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel 2.0 Army 12,000 Strike Fire Starter with Emergency Whistle at $12.80 U.S. it's almost 3 times the money I've spent on other fire starters and all I can say is it was well worth the cost. Very high quality and you can tell this thing is well built at approx 3/8" diameter and 2-1/2" long it should last a good long time and feels very sturdy in my hands. This firesteel throws lots of sparks and I got all kinds of tender to spark right up from cotton, bark, and magnesium. Give it a go I was pretty happy with it and will be buying more to include in all my kits. Amazon link here.

71bmLW5a8nL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.2798d7152

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dthomasdigital said:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put all the others I have in a junk drawer and just get these for my bags and preps. 

We gave ours away & only kept the LMF ones. :) 

• Upvote 3

Good to know. I bought something a long time ago and haven't even taken out of the package! Just a back up as I'm rarely without a handful of Bic lighters at hand. 

Think I'll switch up for camping this year and only start the camp fires with strikers. Good practice at least!

• Upvote 2

Dear dthomasdigital,

Correct, and if you cheat and use cotton balls, first strike every time.:D

Kind regards,
Rowan H. Robbertze

• Upvote 2