Survival Threads
Thomas

SHOT 2016 | Opinions, News & Rumors

So far I am digging what I am seeing, specially from Spyderco (I know, I know)! Here are the vids I have found thus so far-

Are you guys psyched for anything? @Elise wants the Spyderco Mini Lum Chinese & I am suffering from sensory overload- not sure what I am loving yet. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dthomasdigital said:

@Flip I agree with you and I have to stop at some time.

I know when to stop when SWMBOAAT (She Who Must Be Obeyed At All Times) gives me a dirty look when I get home again with a new toy :D

• Upvote 3

Love the midnight blue color coming for the Spydercos and the 40th Damascus.

Seems the Lum Design is more original than ever as they found the sample..

The little DPx Hest/F Urban with wire strip jimping sure was a cutie..

Olight flashlight wow..

So many great knives coming out it is mind boggling.

Please don't make me watch them again..!

:$

Edited by Dan Seven
  • Upvote 2

The ZT 0220 looks interesting to me....I LOVE Jens Anso stuff.  :)

Spyderco has a lot of really cool stuff this year.....it's gonna be hard on the pocketbook!

• Upvote 2

On 1/22/2016 at 0:01 PM, Dan Seven said:

Love the midnight blue color coming for the Spydercos and the 40th Damascus.

Seems the Lum Design is more original than ever as they found the sample..

The little DPx Hest/F Urban with wire strip jimping sure was a cutie..

Olight flashlight wow..

So many great knives coming out it is mind boggling.

Please don't make me watch them again..!

:$

Yeah, this year is gonna be painful for my wallet. :(

On 1/26/2016 at 9:10 AM, bRIBEGuy said:

The ZT 0220 looks interesting to me....I LOVE Jens Anso stuff.  :)

Spyderco has a lot of really cool stuff this year.....it's gonna be hard on the pocketbook!

Jens Anso cranks out some gorgeous stuff, really glad he is doing production stuff as I don't think I will ever be in a position to rationalize picking up one of his customs!

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Jens Anso cranks out some gorgeous stuff, really glad he is doing production stuff as I don't think I will ever be in a position to rationalize picking up one of his customs!

Ha ha, well said!  I'm lucky enough to have been able to pick up a Monte Carlo folder directly from him.  Jens is a REALLY nice guy, and the knife was much more reasonably priced (albeit still ridiculously expensive) straight from him, then for what they go for on the secondary market.  I'd LOVE to pick up more of his customs (especially his older stuff), but sadly it's not really in the cards for me either at this point.  As such.......yay for collaborations!  The Spyderco Zulu is still one of my favorite EDC blades (once I removed the clip), and I use a Boker Albatross as a back yard beater (it's great with gloves on).  The new ZT0220 has me pretty stoked though.

• Upvote 2

On 2/12/2016 at 9:33 AM, bRIBEGuy said:

Ha ha, well said!  I'm lucky enough to have been able to pick up a Monte Carlo folder directly from him.  Jens is a REALLY nice guy, and the knife was much more reasonably priced (albeit still ridiculously expensive) straight from him, then for what they go for on the secondary market.  I'd LOVE to pick up more of his customs (especially his older stuff), but sadly it's not really in the cards for me either at this point.  As such.......yay for collaborations!  The Spyderco Zulu is still one of my favorite EDC blades (once I removed the clip), and I use a Boker Albatross as a back yard beater (it's great with gloves on).  The new ZT0220 has me pretty stoked though.

Yeah, I love that orange flair- it makes it just a touch unique and very Anso. Extremely jealous of your custom- post pictures here;

• Upvote 1