Survival Threads
Thomas Billings

My new edc knife

IMAG0215.thumb.jpg.874cbceb1e79a314d7583ok guys thanks for all the input about good everyday carry knives and I finally found one the crkt m16-01kz it's a great knife with a very smooth open and a very very strong clip which is nice seeing as my last few knife had weak clips that were easily bent I would definately recommend this knife, one issue thought is the auto "lawk" thing from crkt which automatically locks when the blade is locked the auto lawk locks and is difficult to undo with one hand

• Upvote 1

I always found the Auto-Locks to be annoying to disengage one handed (as you mentioned), my only CRKT Auto-Lawks knife is the CRKT Hissatsu which I love so I put up with it but it would be nice to have the option to remove it (or atleast, disable it)!

• Upvote 2

I have that exact same knife Thomas Billings, it was my EDC for 6 or 8 months before I decided I wanted something with wider scales/frame. The only way I was able to get it to close one handed was by closing it against my leg. Overall it was a nice knife, but the auto lawks could be annoying. In fact, my older brother never did figure out how to close it when he would use the knife when we were doing some remodeling at his house. 

• Upvote 1