Survival Threads
Dan Seven

I Confess to a Fetish

I must say that i was barely containing my drool this morning.

Don't get me wrong, i am not a lower life form that would rather eat than breathe.

I was however doing a little mouth breathing over a video that i was looking over this morning.

This is about leather, and a $5000.00 US Modular frame backpack that would be too heavy for me to carry.

So for You Vikings out there...Anyhow, i do not know this Leather Artisan from a hole in the ground.

Here is one of many vids and there is a website if One cannot contain oneself any longer.

deepwoodsleather.com   Hope this is ok to post this here and again, no first hand knowledge.

Again i am not a customer (yet) nor am i into shameless promotion, but judging from what i can see,

this fella and his girl got it goin on, an his bags & knife sheaths have me dreaming of a final solution.

A custom solution for a cluster of items that seem to have followed me a very long time ?

cheers everybody.

Edited by Dan Seven
  • Upvote 2

I admit I suffer from the same affliction.

That is some nice bag but the weight of it would be a killer.

I am a sucker for leather. Picked up a couple of nice bags while in Cuba a while ago and have them stored for future use.

Below is my EDC bag.

everydaycarrybag.JPG.7c21af0e27a51377b3c

• Upvote 3

On 3/23/2016 at 5:33 PM, crazyman said:

I admit I suffer from the same affliction.

That is some nice bag but the weight of it would be a killer.

I am a sucker for leather. Picked up a couple of nice bags while in Cuba a while ago and have them stored for future use.

Below is my EDC bag.

everydaycarrybag.JPG

This is the very same one I have. Get too many books in it and you'll know you have something.

On 10/8/2016 at 8:23 AM, Aquinas said:

This is the very same one I have. Get too many books in it and you'll know you have something.

Don't carry many books. A laptop, notebook and some EDC that don't fit the pocket well. If I need to carry a lot I use a backpack.

one thing I did do with this one was gorilla glue the snap buckles right off the bat.

If you carry much at ALL, you'll see real quick the need for a padded hipbelt, frame and harness. Plain leather straps will eat you alive, unless you wear thick leather clothing (heavy, not all that warm, chafing, get wet and stay wet for nearly ever) I'd not give $5 for this, if I had to keep it and use it. Yuck.  I do use a frameless pack, but I roll up my spare clothing, shelter and sleep gear into a cylinder that serves the same purpose as the pack frame. the weight of my pack/gear is shifted off of my shoulders and onto my hipbelt.

Gorgeous bags, I am more of a fan of canvas (lightweight & tough enough for my needs) but I can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship.