Survival Threads
kenne

if it's shtf, it will mean combat.

all the wild food resources will be consumed in a month or 2, by people, starving dogs and cats. The livestock, canned food, grain and legumes stored anywhere will be gone the first month of shtf. Cannabilism will be commonplace within 6 months and probably within 3 months. The bs about shotguns, muzzleloaders and singleshots won't last the first week. People with enough sense to have autoloaders will have killed them all, most likely. Silenced .22lr autorifles and subsonic ammo. make the most sense for shtf foraging, not shotguns! Noise scares off game and calls in your killers.  Paladin Press and Amazon sell a book "how to make a silencer for a .22" that shows you how to counterbore and internally thread any .22 barrel, so you need not remount the sight and thread the outside of the bore. The old way is a $100, send off the gun sort of deal, which sux. Another advantage to the internal thread is for use on pistols wherein the barrel does not protrude from the front of the slide. For some rifles and pistols, removing the barrel from the receiver (needed for external threading) is a huge pita or in some cases, can destroy the gun.

The Paladin book shows you how to fold, anneal and compress screenwire rectangles into "doughnut" baffles. It takes about 1 minute each and you need about 6 baffles for the .22 silencer.  The front endplug is just a washer and an internal snapring, which is set into a groove cut into the front end of the silencer-tube. Very ingenious and wastes no space inside of the can. It can be done in 5 minutes. So can counterboring and tapping the barrel. naturally, you have to pay the feds their $200 tax and wait for the background check before making your own silencer. It needs to be 6" long for a 22lr rifle, 1" OD, but can be 5" long for a short barreled .22lr pistol and be just as quiet. If you know to hold shut the autoloder's slide or bolt with the thumb of your non-firing hand, the canned .22lr can be as quiet as a BB gun, but can drop a cow with a hit to temple, top of head, earhole, eye socket, or behind the ear, if you are close, say 20 yds or less. the handgun has such  low velocity that you'd better stick with 200 lb or less calves and be at 20 ft of range, or you're likely to fail. Be ready to drive a spear into the cow's lungs, or bust its head with an axe, stone lashed to a club, etc.  You can bring down a cow with a bola, but it will bellow very loudly and for a long time. It will also do so if speared thru the lungs. just fyi.

I just need posionus (/toxic) all water source/ water supply nearby to kill all the enemy with my herbalist knowledge

Even thought this poison would not last longer cause the water flow

Edited by Daimond25

3 hours ago, Dan Seven said:

Enemies ??   What kind of enemies do you make mixing up Chinese herbs?

Regular herbalist never kill people, well we cure people but read this kind post just make me think how we herbalist go to combat in the fields direct approach maybe we can not do it, so posibble undirect methode so i think what kind undirect approuch what herbalist could do, well we could not make poison smoke cause the posible return to our self or group cause wind direction unpredicted. So posibble throught water source or water supply, just a thinking way cause this first post make me think "what happend if your food supply been robs by other" how use your skill in combat fields and looking maybe other skill would finds they way to use in combat fields too, how they do every skill maybe have uniqe way go to combat fields. 

We certainly could not poison our ration to keep/ defend from robbery cause it's dangerous for ourself and the group, so posibility left to water source or water supply

Also looking how other profesian skill in combat field, like chemistry, biology, etc  do they way or uniqe way in combat skill maybe use insects, animal or nematoda who know they capable to do in combat fields? How we would know  or finding fact to know what happend before to late or neutralize or at least defend from it

Edited by Daimond25

@Daimond25   Well there was a good thread about what folks are willing to do when it comes to defending their own.

All i can say is when it comes to combat we should have a good long conversation with whatever or whoever we believe in and make sure we get it right, because it is very difficult to fix the broke inside when folks do something they cannot live with, and ironically, very difficult to live with the broke inside when they refuse to act on behalf of what they could not live without.

cheers

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dan Seven said:

@Daimond25   Well there was a good thread about what folks are willing to do when it comes to defending their own.

All i can say is when it comes to combat we should have a good long conversation with whatever or whoever we believe in and make sure we get it right, because it is very difficult to fix the broke inside when folks do something they cannot live with, and ironically, very difficult to live with the broke inside when they refuse to act on behalf of what they could not live without.

cheers

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter, especially in extreme situations like guerrilla warfare, how do you deal with inflicting death on bystanders on an emotional basis?

Tough stuff to think about.

The way most of us do so is to realize that you can't care about everyone. You get forced into choosing who you will save and who has to die in order to save the others. You do what you have to do and it's just tough for the losers, that's all.