Survival Threads
zackmars

Picture a day thread!

8 hours ago, Thomas said:

That lil' cnc machine played well with my thinkpad, I machined my own plate with my friend and rigged together (in a really ghetto way) pressure sensitive plates to auto stop @ correct position.

Those micro switches are very consistent once you have them set. Lots of industrial pressure switches are basically a flattened C shaped pipe that straightens out as the pressure rises and push against a micro switch. Sometimes two with a spreader bar between ( those are finicky things as adjusting one switch will throw off the other ). Looks like a nice piece of work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gary_Gough said:

Those micro switches are very consistent once you have them set. Lots of industrial pressure switches are basically a flattened C shaped pipe that straightens out as the pressure rises and push against a micro switch. Sometimes two with a spreader bar between ( those are finicky things as adjusting one switch will throw off the other ). Looks like a nice piece of work.

It worked out well, one of these days i'll get one with way more torque so I can mill ti and CPM steel without the bits shattering. ;) 

Picture a day; woodland path next to my Grandmother's house. 

IMG_20170826_151100501.jpg.0077103b0957191bfe7df1f7eac08004.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/09/2017 at 11:30 PM, crazyman said:

A weekend hike to a new lake. Mornings are my favorite time when the sun is just rising and I know it's going to be a nice day

Morning1.JPG.60cd826e1c6fcc63293aa1d9deb913f0.JPGmorning2.JPG.79613ea7a36f265ea6bd6d3cb891e42e.JPG

Super nice location mate, whats it like in terms of foot traffic? Get any visitors or can you set up camp in complete seclusion?

22 hours ago, Thomas said:

Super nice location mate, whats it like in terms of foot traffic? Get any visitors or can you set up camp in complete seclusion?

Pretty much seclusion. The location is Victoria lake in the QE2 wild lands. There is a fly in lodge farther down the lake. I saw two other hikers that weekend that far in. For me it's a 5 hr hike and rough terrain.

A friend from the club gave me the Wild Newfoundland Garlic and an old man I go check on once in awhile has a lot of chives in his back yard, so every time I walk through there I grab a handfull.

garlic2.jpg

Edited by Rick