Survival Threads
Aquinas

Large and small Case Sodbusters

My new Case Sodbuster next to my Sodbuster, Jr. just in case you were curious about the relative sizes. The yellow handle large Case Sodbusters aren't easy to find, I had to send away for it. The large Sodbuster isn't as nicely made as the small one is, the blade is not quite centered and it's not as nicely polished, but it's not a problem, they both take and hold an edge like gangbusters. 

IMG_0342.JPG

Edited by Aquinas
  • Upvote 4

Ha Ha.  They are in a big wooden bowl. I haven't counted the knives, but a rough estimate would be about 60.  I know I have a larger yellow one like the Sod Buster, but I need to "dig" it out and see.  And I totally forgot about it until just now.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Aquinas said:

How many do you have that you might have missed one????!?!?!?

For fun, I just counted the ones in the big bowl.  There are 65--different sorts and all of different quality.  None of the knives are very expensive, but I like every single one. I have about twenty more stashed here and there. 

The yellow one isn't a Sodbuster.  I didn't see a brand name on it.

Edited by Kaye :)
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Kaye :) said:

For fun, I just counted the ones in the big bowl.  There are 65--different sorts and all of different quality.  None of the knives are very expensive, but I like every single one. I have about twenty more stashed here and there. 

The yellow one isn't a Sodbuster.  I didn't see a brand name on it.

Well now you have to post a picture of that bowl! So curious, & would never have taken you for a knife addict like us ;). Are they all yours or are some your husband's, or are they the two of yours because you share?

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2017 at 5:54 AM, Elise said:

Well now you have to post a picture of that bowl! So curious, & would never have taken you for a knife addict like us ;). Are they all yours or are some your husband's, or are they the two of yours because you share?

Yep.  I love knives.  I guess I am a knife addict.  They are all mine, but I do share.  My son likes to rotate the knives he carries so he will go through the bowl to pick out whatever appeals to him.  I've given away several as gifts.  I'm trying to talk myself off the ledge of buying a couple more.  It's fun to look on Ebay so if I see one that catches my eye most likely I'll buy it if the price is right.  :)

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2017 at 10:54 AM, Elise said:

+1

Pictures please, there must be a medical term for knife addiction. What else do you collect? I have a bit of a vintage watch fetish.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dthomasdigital said:

I didn't get any knifes this year at Christmas. We were so busy this year. I guess I'll have to treat myself soon.

I was going to do a stocking dump but I didn't get around to it. I ended up giving the Buck 55 I got for myself to my wife, and got another neck knife out of the deal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smithy66 said:

+1

Pictures please, there must be a medical term for knife addiction. What else do you collect? I have a bit of a vintage watch fetish.

I do need to post a picture or two.  I'll get on that soon.  I also collect miniatures of anything....trains, cars, keychains, books.  I get just about all my stuff from thrift stores.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Kaye :) said:

I do need to post a picture or two.  I'll get on that soon.  I also collect miniatures of anything....trains, cars, keychains, books.  I get just about all my stuff from thrift stores.

Always thought that was a cool kind of collection to have. Pictures of that too please ;).

21 hours ago, Smithy66 said:

there must be a medical term for knife addiction.

If there isn't we need to coin one.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-01-19 at 8:58 AM, Elise said:

If there isn't we need to coin one.

I'd propose gladiumagapi in that old tradition of mixing Latin and Greek when stealing new words for English. ( "Amateurs plagiarize,  professionals steal." -- Mark Twain )

• Upvote 1