Survival Threads

Well... I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck propagating Siberian blueberry bushes. ( Haskap berries ) Thinking of trying cuttings and Indole-3-butyric acid and see if that works. So far the birds clean them off before I get a chance to so some more bushes will at least make the song birds happy.

• Upvote 3

Oh well, strike that. On doing some research it appears it is illegal to grow these if they aren't from a licensed source. Guess I'll stick to wild saskatoons.

• Upvote 3

Yes 'course :)

Gardening is a huge part of homesteading imo, which is a huge part of prepping.

Way too many "general" things relevant to survival - don't want to cross any of the list of conversation. They all belong, way I see it.

• Upvote 3

I just posted the other day about fruit trees, my thoughts on gardening and prepping is you can't have one without the other. Not to mention I  just planted so many strawberries oh how I love fresh strawberries. 

• Upvote 3

Not really a normal garden this year, but I can post pics of the hydroponic towers as soon as phone camera decides to cooperate. :)

• Upvote 3

I am crying, we never I mean never get bad weather around here it doesn't even rain in May in New Mexico, sure we get monsoon rains in June and July but nothing like we got yesterday. Tomato plants got beat to death in a heavy hail storm. Not sure how many I can save. It's a sad day. Next door neighbor's and my strawberries took a beating too.

3 hours ago, dthomasdigital said:

I am crying, we never I mean never get bad weather around here it doesn't even rain in May in New Mexico, sure we get monsoon rains in June and July but nothing like we got yesterday. Tomato plants got beat to death in a heavy hail storm. Not sure how many I can save. It's a sad day. Next door neighbor's and my strawberries took a beating too.

I feel for ya brother, I sure hope yall can get back into it before it gets to late in the season. sorry to hear about that. :(

18 hours ago, dthomasdigital said:

I've seen them come back from almost just the roots. Might need to support them with sticks and strings at first though. Hope they recover.

• Upvote 1

Our first 2 (of 8 so far) hydroponic towers, after 3 weeks grow time in the greenhouse. We have already harvested swiss chard, Chinese cabbage and herbs. Great growth so far :)

20170405_130354-1.jpg

Edited by Wyzyrd
Typo
  • Upvote 1